mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Piano sound in S90XS"

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 08:06 AM
matje
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-12-2012

I use the S90XS mostly as a piano in a bigband. There is a lot of dicussion about the S6 sound in the S90XS.

A lot of people made there own piano samples. Maybe a good idea to see which samples people have made? I will also upload my samples.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 10:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No one has made new samples with an S90XS. Sorry, but it does not have the capability to load new samples. People may edited there Voices, which is highly recommended for any Voice you wish to customize… That is what you are supposed to do with a synth.

Word of advice: choose the appropriate piano for the type of playing you are doing. Don’t choose a dark piano sound when attempting to play Rock piano, don’t choose a bright piano when playing a ballad… Use common sense… Yamaha always provides multiple pianos in the Wave ROM, so choose wisely.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 11:32 AM
matje
Total Posts:  45
Joined  12-12-2012

I played once on a S90ES and loved the sound of the S700 piano. I read in a lot of forums that people put the S700 into the S90XS. Problem is that have to upload it at every start up.

I would like to try this, but is it possible somebody would like to share the S700 sound (because I don’t have a S90ES)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 10:18 PM
bigbugatti
Total Posts:  27
Joined  10-30-2012

If Mister Mister had a nickel for every time he heard somebody whining about the S6 Piano and rave about the S700, he could buy a used S90ES!

I don’t think there is anything yamaha can do to help us S90XS owners but tell us to ‘tweak it’ to our liking.  I’m grateful Mister is there when I need help.  He has helped me tremendously.  The S6 is growing on me and I’ve bought two Mackie Thump 12” powered speakers.  I will see if running stereo will help.

Adding a little echo seems to help.  That first Master Pre set number one, ‘low down’ piano really sounds good.

Well the Mackie 12’s were crap, I took them back.  Now I’m gonna use two PVX15 Speakers with a Peavey XR8600 Powered Mixer.  If this doesn’t make the S6 Piano come alive, then I give up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2012 @ 10:46 PM
JFN
Total Posts:  24
Joined  08-04-2012
matje - 12 December 2012 11:32 AM

I played once on a S90ES and loved the sound of the S700 piano. I read in a lot of forums that people put the S700 into the S90XS. Problem is that have to upload it at every start up.

I would like to try this, but is it possible somebody would like to share the S700 sound (because I don’t have a S90ES)?

No one anywhere has ever put the S700 piano into an S90XS.  It can’t be done as stated above.  That said, many people have loaded the S700 piano sample into the Motif XS, which does need to be re-loaded at power up.  Many also load the S700 into the Motif XF with a Flash board in which case you never need to re-load it.

I have an S90ES and I do like the s700 sample.  I recently got an XF8 with the full 2 gig Flash set up and I have the Signature Piano C7, the Steinway (Piano 2) and the S700, in addition to the Neo-Soul Rhodes.  I have a great selection of pianos at my disposal which is nice, plus other cool sounds.  The XF with the Flash really works great for me.

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2012 @ 10:46 AM
snorkybingo
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-11-2012

I own a S90ES and I also have the samples for the S700 piano if they are any use to anyone. I love the sound so I was going to make a Logic EXS24 instrument from them but just haven’t got around to it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2013 @ 05:26 AM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

I have found an edited voice patch called BriteS700 (and also other great voice patches). Doesn’t use samples, presumably tweaks the onboard wave files through voice edit).

There is a YouTube demo (sorry, don’t know how to provide URL, but search YouTube for “s70xs brites700”

There is download at gianlucafarina.xoom.it (I have yet to install, but it looks great).

Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2014 @ 02:08 PM
MrWhiteKeys
Total Posts:  39
Joined  09-23-2011

Having recently picked up a secondhand S70XS and gone in search of a way to load the S700 piano on the unit (can’t be done), I came across a couple Motifator threads referencing a “BriteS700” patch but lacking actual links to the YouTube demo.

It took me a little while, but I located both the demo and the editor file (below) and wanted to update the threads with links for anyone else who might be looking for alternate pianos for the S90XS/S70XS.

I’ve loaded the bank and while I haven’t gigged them yet, some of these patches sound very promising, especially the second patch in the bank, “Natural S90ES Bright.” Time will tell, but these patches seem to be very nicely programmed.

YouTube demo (Title “YAMAHA S90XS S70XS NEW VOICE SOUND PIANO") posted by Gianluca Farina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppFx4Kkup8

Editor .X2V file for download (RAR format)

http://gianlucafarina.xoom.it/virgiliowizard/yamaha-s90xs

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Software making samples for S90XS
Next Topic:

S90ES Multi/Seq Play Mode MIDI Transmit ››