mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playkeyz sounds on the MOX?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: November 28, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
Avantasian
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-16-2011

Hey!

This is my very first post on here, please excuse the mistakes in my english.

I’m thinking about getting a MOX6 because of its awesome sounds and its light weight. I wanna use it in my cover band, we play mainly 70s and 80s classic rock tunes.

Not long ago I came across the wonderful 80s soundsets from playkeyz, which would be a fantastic addition to the MOX, as I’m not that much into creating sounds by myself.
Unfortunately there seems to be only the second of the two soundsets created for the MOX, the first being only for the XS, MO and ES series. But the first contains the better songs IMO :)

So my question is, if I buy the XS-version of the first set, would it be compatible to the MOX?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Jonny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2011 @ 03:55 PM
BillW
Total Posts:  35
Joined  12-06-2006

My guess is that the patches will work but it might take some effort. 

I got them working in my Motif-Rack XS by loading them into a Motif XS6 first and then saving an all file which I loaded into the Rack via the Yamaha editor.

You might try loading them into a Motif XS keyboard and resaving them in an “all” file from the Motif XS.  Then you may need to get a copy of John Melas’ librarian to convert them to the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You will actually need John Melas’ Total Librarian to load the PlayKeyz
sounds and then send them to the MOX. There is no other way to convert
an XS format library to MOX format.

Link to John Melas site:
http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/products.php

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2011 @ 07:04 PM
Avantasian
Joined  11-16-2011

Thanks for replying guys!
I’m gonna try it out ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2011 @ 11:22 AM
Avantasian
Joined  11-16-2011

Just for clarification:

Do I have to buy the librarian software or will the demo version be enough to save the soundsets as MOX files?

I saw that you can save them as .all file there and guess that is the right thing.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2011 @ 12:00 PM
bdub
Total Posts:  38
Joined  12-21-2010

You would have to buy it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 09:53 PM
arrkeys
Total Posts:  7
Joined  12-21-2014

Greetings all - I am brand spankin’ new to this forum - you all have such an awesome forum!! The Playkeyz website apparently has been shut down and now the only way to get the 80’s Soundset I and II are on the Yamahamusicsoft website, where you can only purchase Soundset I and II for the Motif XF series synth workstation. If I want to go a little cheaper route, would I be able to purchase the sounds for us on XF6 and use the John Melas software to make them compatible to use on the MOX6? I would love an XF6, but I really can’t afford to drop $2000 to $2500 on a synth right now! Thanks and Happy Holidays!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2014 @ 10:15 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
arrkeys - 21 December 2014 09:53 PM

Greetings all - I am brand spankin’ new to this forum - you all have such an awesome forum!!

Welcome to the forum, arrkeys!

arrkeys -

The Playkeyz website apparently has been shut down and now the only way to get the 80’s Soundset I and II are on the Yamahamusicsoft website, where you can only purchase Soundset I and II for the Motif XF series synth workstation. If I want to go a little cheaper route, would I be able to purchase the sounds for us on XF6 and use the John Melas software to make them compatible to use on the MOX6? I would love an XF6, but I really can’t afford to drop $2000 to $2500 on a synth right now! Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Why not get them right here from the Motifator Shop?
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/mo-x/80s-pop-rock-soundset-for-yamaha-motif-xs.html
http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/mo-x/80s-pop-rock-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-xs-volume-2.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 01:23 AM
arrkeys
Joined  12-21-2014

Thank you so much - I am definitely going to purchase from motifator! I don’t want to go the MOX route anymore because they cannot load the Programs.  I was looking around in the motifator shop and I see plenty of mention of Soundset I AND Soundset II being available for the Motif ES, but I cannot seem to locate both sets as available and purchase-able for the ES. When I go to “Voice Libraries” and select “Motif ES” and scroll through the pages of available software, I only see “Soundset I” available. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 10:59 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Something that I don’t see made clear here is what you’re able to buy for the mox.

The mox has a fixed sample set. All the waveforms used to create the voices are in here and can not be changed or added to.

But there’s an almost infinite amount of voices that can be created using the built in samples.

That’s what you’re buying, people spend a lot of time programming voices from the sample set in the mox (which is the same as XS)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 11:38 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
arrkeys - 23 December 2014 01:23 AM

Thank you so much - I am definitely going to purchase from motifator! I don’t want to go the MOX route anymore because they cannot load the Programs.

It’s not that a MOX “cannot load the Programs”, it’s that the 80s Pop/Rock Soundsets for the MOX don’t include the Performances.

arrkeys -

I was looking around in the motifator shop and I see plenty of mention of Soundset I AND Soundset II being available for the Motif ES, but I cannot seem to locate both sets as available and purchase-able for the ES. When I go to “Voice Libraries” and select “Motif ES” and scroll through the pages of available software, I only see “Soundset I” available. Any assistance is greatly appreciated, thank you!

You’re confusing me.  :-)

You started by asking about the XF versions, then the MOX ones, and you’re now looking for the ES versions. Do you own any Yamaha synths of the Motif family? Motif Classic, ES, XS, XF, MO, MOX, MOXF, etc? Your member profile doesn’t indicate that you do, and which libraries you should buy will depend on which Motif you have or intend to get.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 12:18 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I too can be marked down in the confused column.

The MOX category in the shop lists both sets as available for that model. The ES lists only Volume one. But I remain unsure of which format is desired?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2014 @ 09:40 PM
arrkeys
Joined  12-21-2014

Sorry, I do not own any Motif equipment at the moment, but I wanted to purchase one of the Motif products this holiday that will allow me to utilize all features of the Playkeyz 80s Pop/Rock Soundset I and the Playkeyz 80s Pop/Rock Soundset II - All pacthes/sounds/performances. I was trying to see just how much money I would have to spend just to achieve this. I did remember reading something on the Playkeyz website (when it was still up and running) where Rick had mentioned that on the MOX and the Motif rack units, the programs “will not load and will not play” - it was a disclaimer he had put on his website. I was first thinking of getting an MOX6 because it is inexpensive and lightweight, but then I read within the fine print of motifator’s shop for each of the MOX versions of the Soundsets that they don’t include the Programs. So that made me change my mind and I started thinking about purchasing a Motif ES. I couldn’t seem to locate both Soundset I and Soundset II for Motif ES on motifator, so then I started thinking about getting the Motif XS and I have now purchased a Motif XS for $1075. My ideal would have been to get a MOX and try to figure out a way to get all of the patches/sounds/programs into it from both 80s Soundsets because it is lightweight and not as expensive. Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Thank you for the clarification arrkeys and welcome to the forum.  Congratulations on your purchase as well. The XS is a fine instrument and I hope you enjoy it. Please don’t hesitate with any questions you may have.

For the benefit of anyone who stumbles by this way, the MOX will load and function both Pop/Rock versions from Playkyez. However the MOX version does not include the Performances that are resident in other Motif versions. Performances in this context are splits and layers that are created in Performance Mode for particular songs, utilizing the Voices from the loaded library. For whatever reason these were not included when converted from other formats. Despite this, it’s a simple task to create you own Performances (splits and layers) to suit your needs. I’m guessing this is relative to your mention of reading that the libraries do not include “programs” which likely should read performances. As far as I recall Pop/Rock II was created on the XS and never offered for the older ES.

A decent price on the XS by the way.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2014 @ 12:24 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s no need to apologize, arrkeys, it just wasn’t clear what you were wanting to do.

An XS, while it’s heavier than a MOX, has several advantages. For one, it has a built-in sampler, and with the optional DIMMs installed, you can also load libraries that include samples.

Let us know when you get the XS - we can help you determine whether there are already DIMMs installed and if the OS is up to date, and point you to some free downloads.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2014 @ 01:11 PM
arrkeys
Joined  12-21-2014

Thanks guys!! I am excited to finally own a Motif!! My Yamaha MM6 was nice, but the Motif will be amazing!!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mox 6 midi to LOGIC PRO 9
Next Topic:

MOX as MIDI master keyboard ››