mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "synchronizing with the moxf cubase templates"

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 07:32 PM
KWalgenbach
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-31-2012

Hey there,

Need help.

I have the following problems:

1. blue screen and Windows Crash when trying to play a vst-instrument with the yamaha steinberg usb audio driver selected.

2. when i Play notes in and Play them back - the playback is not like what i´ve played. it sounds and looks like the notes are ´forplayed´ or something. the problem occurs only when i select the moxf cubase templates.

have a 4 on the floor kick drum

should sound like

precount . . . . bumm . . . bumm . . . bumm . . . bumm . . .

sounds like

presount . . bumm . . . . bumm . . . . .bumm . bumm . .

i have, all 64 bit: a fresh installed and clean Windows 7 home premium with all updates, Cubase 8 Artist, the latest moxf Drivers (1.9.0 2), remote Tools (1.0.1) and Editor (1.6.3).

i have deactivated the onbourd Sound Card and all other Sound Cards. The device manager Shows no conflicts. plugged the moxf to usb pic 2 is the result of Driver Installation.

i guess in device manager should´nt be the entry Yamaha Steinberg USB Composite Device...or is it corect?

I´ve already unplugged, reinstalled (even Version 1.8.6 of the yamaha usb Driver), used another usb port...nothing works.

ANY tipps?

File Attachments
pic 2.JPG  (File Size: 31KB - Downloads: 196)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 06:13 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi KWalgenbach,

There are so many things that might explain the problems you’re having that it is almost impossible to say anything useful or specific.

The blue screen could be a result of almost any kind of conflict with your driver.  You might have to go through everything on your system and disable things one by one to find that conflict.

Which VST instrument are you using? and does it do the same thing using another VST instrument?

The unusual sound you’ve heard could be latent doubling from incorrect monitoring and the extra note you are hearing could be because of Auto Quantize being ON and being set to an inappropriate resolution for the rhythm you are playing.

You might also be recording on loop and catching a note accidentally when you think you aren’t recording any more.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 07:12 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Glitches in computer audio are unfortunately relatively common. As philwoodmusic said, there are so many possible causes.

You might find this helpful in tracking the problem down…
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/752/windows-7-tuning-tips-for-audio-processing/
... but don’t change the driver, since the Yamaha Steinberg one is necessary to handle both MIDI and audio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 08:44 PM
woodcockr
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-10-2010

You may well be hitting this problem:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=69713

My XS 8 is suffering the same issue since upgrading to Cubase 8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 10:13 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

You didn’t mention what firmware you have in MOXF. Since you have installed latest USB driver, I suppose that you have already performed firmware upgrade to v1.10. But, I don’t think that should be an issue that you talk about.
Have you tried the same setup with Cubase 7.5, Artist 7.5 or AI7?
A lot of people have posted about issues with Cubase 8 and Yamaha gear at Steinberg forum.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2014 @ 04:34 PM
KWalgenbach
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-31-2012

thank you for all your answers.

Seems that Cubase in Version 8 oder the Steinberg Yamaha USB Driver are not compatible, yet

Cubase 7.5 is running perfect

So this thread can be closed

[ Ignore ]