mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Favorites into Pattern (or Song) Mode for recording"

Posted on: December 04, 2014 @ 09:51 AM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

Simple question.  On the XF once I’ve loaded Favorite instruments as Favorites from the Category Search window - How do I LOAD them into an empty track for recording?  I can’t find the buttons to push to recall a Favorite instrument voice into an empty Voice slot in the Pattern Record window, which is where I load my instruments for sequencing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2014 @ 03:52 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
micaofboca - 04 December 2014 09:51 AM

...I can’t find the buttons to push to recall a Favorite instrument voice into an empty Voice slot in the Pattern Record window, which is where I load my instruments for sequencing.

I’m not sure what you mean by the “Pattern Record window”, as the VOICE selection for PARTS in SONG and PATTERN Mode is done in MIXING Mode, specifically the MIXING EDIT (Part Edit) window.

I don’t have my XF available at the moment, but have you gone to MIXING PART Edit, select the desired PART number, highlight the VOICE selection field, hit the Category Button, and then the Favorites Tab?  Does this get you there?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 07:49 PM
micaofboca
Total Posts:  99
Joined  03-28-2004

cmayhle. my friend,
I figured out why I couldn’t find a way to load my Favorites from the screen where you arm your tracks (what I called the “Pattern Record window").  In order to open this window (so you can set up a track for recording) you have to press the red-dot Record Button which lights up a red blinking lamp.  From this screen I can load all the relevant info - the time signature, BPM, the track number, the quantize option, the instrument choice, etc, etc. to start recording track by track.

My problem was that I didn’t press the blinking record button to turn off the light and allow the machine to move on and allow me to exit out of that screen.  So now, once I’ve turned the red light off, I can go to Voice Mode and press the Favorites button to enter the screen that displays my choices of favorite instruments.  Once I select one out of the list, I can press the red Record button again and, ‘Lo & Behold’, the machine remembers the favorite I just selected and stays with the instrument that I chose so I can automatically load it into whichever track I want to use it in.

But without any instructions of the series of commands showing me how to achieve this, it makes figuring out the path of commands to get there, virtually a “hunt & peck” operation.  That’s how I finally figured out what was wrong.  Thank you for your kind efforts to answer my query. 

Sorry for the self-invented language I use to explain myself which makes it hard for you to follow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2014 @ 08:25 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
micaofboca - 19 December 2014 07:49 PM

[...]But without any instructions of the series of commands showing me how to achieve this, it makes figuring out the path of commands to get there, virtually a “hunt & peck” operation.  That’s how I finally figured out what was wrong.[...]

Really? facepalm.gif

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/473982/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Delay Question
Next Topic:

Promotions for buying the Motif XF ››