mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to get Cubase ro “Remember” Voices used in recording midi …."

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 01:39 AM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

Got my Cubase up and running and recording my midi data in and can get it to play back.  YAY!

Only issue is how do I get the Cubase to remember what voice I used as I do several changes of voices during a single recording on a single track and want the voices to be “remembered or recalled automatically” when I open up the midi track again?

The on board sequencer on my MOXF will recall whatever voice I used in creating a Song, yet Cubase only plays the previously recorded midi track in whatever voice I have set on my MOXF at the current time, usually the piano to start even though my midi recording was in for example Silent Spheres or a number of other voices. 

Once I get this figured out my follow up question is can I change voices in a single track (pause - change voice - continue recording)and have these remembered sequentially as played and recorded the first time?

THANKS MUCH!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 01:44 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

hi there

first question, use the editor as VST.
second one, i guess you need to insert/record voice changes but i’ve never done that myself.

best of luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 01:52 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Forrest88,

You should be able to ‘draw in’ your voice selections using Program Change and Bank Select controllers in their respective controller lanes at the bottom of the Key Edit window in Cubase.

By drawing these in (with the pencil tool) you can certainly change voices at any point in your music and they will stay remembered and in place.

[ Ignore ]