mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 Voices troubles"

Posted on: December 17, 2014 @ 10:35 PM
trailhiker13
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-09-2014

I am unable to load the Bee’s Knees files into my MO8 using either the File Type “ALL” or “ALL VOICES”. I get a file not found error. I was able to load a couple of voices with the File Type “VOICE” and I like what I did manage to get. My manual says I need file extension type M7a and I was sent TWICE the Motif ES files with the extension W7a and assured that they would load easily into my MO8. Does my keyboard need an update to see the W7a files? I have used four different usb sticks; two of which are 2g or less. I even tried changing the extension to m7a and received an illegal file type error for my efforts (although the MO saw the file under the ALL file type. I am at my wits end here.
PLEASE HELP

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 12:57 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

The MO8 cannot load .W7A files. No update ever changed this. You can load .W7V All Voice files and with the Editor, .W7E FILES. The only All Files that can be utilized are .M7A or .W2A (Classic).

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 08:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
trailhiker13 - 17 December 2014 10:35 PM

[...] I was able to load a couple of voices with the File Type “VOICE” and I like what I did manage to get. My manual says I need file extension type M7a and I was sent TWICE the Motif ES files with the extension W7a and assured that they would load easily into my MO8. [...]

Welcome to the forum.

Although the manual doesn’t say so, apparently you can load individual Voices from an ES “All” file (.W7A), just as you did for the “couple of voices”. While loading Voices one at a time certainly isn’t convenient, it seems you should be able to load every one of them to a User bank.

See Bad_Mister‘s first post in this thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/262783/

If the download included a .W7E file, that can be directly loaded to the MO. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/445423/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 11:48 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
5pinDIN - 18 December 2014 08:42 AM

Although the manual doesn’t say so, apparently you can load individual Voices from an ES “All” file (.W7A), just as you did for the “couple of voices”. While loading Voices one at a time certainly isn’t convenient, it seems you should be able to load every one of them to a User bank.

If the download included a .W7E file, that can be directly loaded to the MO.

Exactly correct. I’ve just loaded from both .W7A and .W7E. Sad thing that I’ve done this before and only vaguely recall any of it. MM.
Thank you 5pinDin.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2014 @ 01:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 18 December 2014 11:48 AM

Exactly correct. I’ve just loaded from both .W7A and .W7E. Sad thing that I’ve done this before and only vaguely recall any of it. MM.
Thank you 5pinDin.

Stone

I have an “advantage” - since I don’t own a MO, I have no choice but to research the topic before I reply.

On the other hand, when answering questions about the XS and XF (both of which I do have), I need to remember whether there’s a difference between the two that might be relevant. Sometimes my brain cells have to be refreshed.

Yamaha could have made it so much easier if only the operation of all the models was identical.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ User Arpeggio to Performance Variations Arp
Next Topic:

Help identifying a sound ››