mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How can I switch voices within the same track when sequencing?"

Posted on: May 16, 2014 @ 09:42 PM
beldanjo
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-21-2004

I have been sequencing with a Motif ES8, and more recently, an XF8.  Usually, I use a different track for each voice, but there are times when I want different voices on the same part.  How can I switch back and forth between different voices in the same track in song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 16, 2014 @ 10:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Insert a PC (Program Change) command in the track data a few clock pulse before you need the sound to change. See page 150 of the Reference Manual “Editing MIDI Events (Song Edit)” > “Event List display and Insert Event window”

See this article here on Motifator that shows how to select specific Voices and how to insert that data into the sequence

Bank Select and Program Change Motif XF

If you get stuck post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 05:09 PM
Jeff Roe
Total Posts:  22
Joined  07-01-2014

Hi. Does a cross-reference table exist that shows the specific MSB/LSB/Data numbers for each voice within each bank on the Motif?

Thanks, in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 05:36 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jeff Roe - 16 December 2014 05:09 PM

Hi. Does a cross-reference table exist that shows the specific MSB/LSB/Data numbers for each voice within each bank on the Motif?

Thanks, in advance.

Assuming that I understand your question…
For all the Presets, and those User locations that are unique from the factory, yes.

The Voice List and Drum Voice List are in the Data List. If you don’t have it handy, you can download the PDF:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/motifxf_en_dl_c0.pdf

The MSB and LSB are given at the top of each bank table, and the PC value is one less than the number of each Voice in the table.

Of course, the support article that Bad_Mister provided a link to gives the MSB/LSB (it’s also in the Data List), and the PC value is easily determined from the Voice’s location in the XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 06:31 PM
Jeff Roe
Total Posts:  22
Joined  07-01-2014

Man, if it were a snake it could’ve bit me.

I was looking at these tables last night and missed the heading. That’s exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks (again) 5pin!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2014 @ 08:09 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Jeff Roe - 16 December 2014 06:31 PM

Man, if it were a snake it could’ve bit me.

I was looking at these tables last night and missed the heading. That’s exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks (again) 5pin!

You’re welcome.

At least some things related to the XF aren’t too convoluted.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Problem loading voice data.
Next Topic:

Lost performance data after 1.5 os upgrade!! ››