mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Audio output from XS to Cubase to house sound system troubles!"

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 12:07 AM
Wxtool22
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-22-2014

Can anyone guide me in the right direction of outputting sound from my XS that is connected to my computer using Cubase AI 6 to a sound system? I used to have a MOX 8 and I would connect it to my computer so that I could use the YC-3B organ DAW and the sound would feed out from my 3/4” output plug to the house system in my church and I didn’t have to do anything special in the settings. I can hear the sounds playing out of my computer speakers now, while I play notes on the XS, but I want it to feed out to the main system. Is there something in the XS that I need to go into (Utility) to set up or is there something in Cubase that I need to select? I don’t have to connect another another cable from my headphone jack out of my computer do I? Hope I am making sense. Any help would be great! Thanks much :)
Tim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 08:59 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Wxtool22,

Welcome to Motifator.

(You posted in the MX forum but wrote about an XS)

Let’s start off really simplistic…

You shouldn’t need to use any headphones outputs.

If you want to hear your XS, then plug it directly in to your church system.  Using its analogue outputs.

If you want to hear the YC-3B organ, then plug your computer’s output into the church system.  You will need a MIDI connection be it USB or 5 pin din cables to play the YC-3B. (and for the examples below)

If you want to hear both, you have a few options:

1 - Use a small mixer to mix the output of your XS and Computer at the same time.  Then plug the mixer’s output in to the church system.

2 - Use Cubase as your mixer and plug your XS into an available audio channel in Cubase via your computer’s audio inputs (not clear if you have a sound card or interface so use the input of whatever you use) then plug the output of your computer in to the church system.

3 - Use your XS as an interface and connect it to your computer.  Connect the XS outputs to your church system.

It is very likely that you were doing one of 1, 2 or 3 with your MOX, before.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 01:35 PM
Wxtool22
Joined  08-22-2014

Yep, I realized I was posting in the wrong forum. My bad. Thanks for the reply and sorry it’s taken me so long to get back. I was doing option #3 with the MOX and it worked fine. I’m doing the same thing with the XS and it won’t output the sound to the house system. I can hear it though through my laptop speakers though. Kinda weird. Just thought there may be a setting either from Cubase, or the XS that I’m missing. Thanks much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 10:20 PM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

Can you run me through how you have everything cabled?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2014 @ 11:56 PM
Wxtool22
Joined  08-22-2014

Sure. I’m using a 3/4” cable from the left mono out to a DI box to the in house system. I have my laptop running cubase, USB running from the back of the XS to a USB into my laptop. Cubase recognizes my XS just like it did when I was using my MOX. I’m really not doing anything different with the XS that I did with the MOX as far as connectivity. Hope that makes sense.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2014 @ 02:31 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

The XS is a totally different beast to the MOX.

The USB connection called “TO HOST” on the Motif XS is USB-MIDI only.

Digital Audio can either go out via S/PDIF ( a stereo out) or Firewire (multiple inputs and outputs).

You really want it coming back to the XS from the computer as well so that you can hear your YC-3B too.

You should be looking at using Firewire.

That’s very likely your problem in that you were hoping that it would behave like your MOX did.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2014 @ 01:51 PM
Wxtool22
Joined  08-22-2014

Yep, I’m finding that out as I’ve only had the XS for about 3 months now. Way more in depth keyboard for sure. I just really want to be able to use my other VST instruments that I have on the computer like the YC, Omnisphere, and others. I’ll look into the FireWire and see where that goes. I really appreciate your time, thanks so much.
Tim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2014 @ 12:13 AM
philwoodmusic
Joined  07-01-2013

not a problem.

[ Ignore ]