mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Output levels"

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 09:15 PM
jesonf
Total Posts:  44
Joined  11-01-2011

When I connect my MOXF6 in stereo mode I get low output on my right channel....also .I checked and connected my headphones in each of the outputs and in both I was getting sound on the left ear..... Shouldn’t it be LEFT MONO left ear and RIGHT MONO right ear.... What can be done to rectify this issue...I don’t face this problem on my MOTIFXF6

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2014 @ 09:27 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

not sure for the first question.
but for the second one, just want to make sure that you know that the outputs are expecting a TS cable.
as for plugging your headphones into them, I googled and found this:
“If a three-conductor plug is connected to a two-conductor socket, normally the result is to leave the ring of the plug unconnected (open circuit).”
then I read that right is ring.
that makes sense from what you found.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 05:55 AM
jesonf
Joined  11-01-2011
chasmanian - 27 November 2014 09:27 PM

not sure for the first question.
but for the second one, just want to make sure that you know that the outputs are expecting a TS cable.
as for plugging your headphones into them, I googled and found this:
“If a three-conductor plug is connected to a two-conductor socket, normally the result is to leave the ring of the plug unconnected (open circuit).”
then I read that right is ring.
that makes sense from what you found.

Hmmm..but isn’t it recommended that one uses TRS on both outputs for a balanced signal…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 07:30 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jesonf - 28 November 2014 05:55 AM

… Hmmm..but isn’t it recommended that one uses TRS on both outputs for a balanced signal…

No, the outputs are unbalanced, and utilize a TS cable (as noted) from each output.  You cannot change the output impedance of the machine to balanced by using TRS cables… changing to a balanced signal would be accomplished by using a Direct Input (DI) Box.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 08:42 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jesonf - 27 November 2014 09:15 PM

When I connect my MOXF6 in stereo mode I get low output on my right channel....also .I checked and connected my headphones in each of the outputs and in both I was getting sound on the left ear..... Shouldn’t it be LEFT MONO left ear and RIGHT MONO right ear.... What can be done to rectify this issue...I don’t face this problem on my MOTIFXF6

I can’t really comment on what is occurring for you in “stereo mode” as I don’t really know what you mean by that.

Per the headphones issue, you cannot test mono (left/right) outputs properly with a stereo headphone, as the headphone jack is wired in stereo while each of the main outputs (left/right) produces an unbalanced mono signal.

Test the output using the headphones connected to the headphones jack (!)

The machine’s headphones jack produces the same stereo output that the left and right main output Jacks (in combination) produce… but has the benefit of being wired properly to accommodate the stereo wiring of the headphone itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2014 @ 02:57 PM
jesonf
Joined  11-01-2011
cmayhle - 28 November 2014 08:42 AM
jesonf - 27 November 2014 09:15 PM

I can’t really comment on what is occurring for you in “stereo mode” as I don’t really know what you mean by that.

Per the headphones issue, you cannot test mono (left/right) outputs properly with a stereo headphone, as the headphone jack is wired in stereo while each of the main outputs (left/right) produces an unbalanced mono signal.

Test the output using the headphones connected to the headphones jack (!)

The machine’s headphones jack produces the same stereo output that the left and right main output Jacks (in combination) produce… but has the benefit of being wired properly to accommodate the stereo wiring of the headphone itself.

Thanls for your help cmayhle.....i got the problem rectified, apparently the snake the cable was faulty..therefore the level differences.... appreciate your help though CHEERS!!!! :D

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Routing 2nd Keyboard Thru MOXF Via Midi To Play Soft Synth
Next Topic:

ysusb64 blue screen ››