mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problems with Yamaha Steinber USB/audio driver"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 03, 2014 @ 03:03 PM
rhodesman62
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-17-2004

Hi, all

Need help.
Got the new MOXF, updated the firmware to 1.10, updated the USB driver to 1.90.
Cannot use the MOXF for audio at all.
As soon as I turn the driver on, it freezes and crashes the computer.
I am running a laptop with Windows 7 (64-bit), USB cable plugged directly into the laptop, with MOXF on the other end.

Any clues what is causing this?
I do not want to install the Flash board before this is resolved....

Thanks in advance for your help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 03, 2014 @ 03:14 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rhodesman62 - 03 October 2014 03:03 PM

Hi, all

Need help.
Got the new MOXF, updated the firmware to 1.10, updated the USB driver to 1.90.[...]

OK on the firmware update, but where did you get the USB driver?

The most recent Yamaha Steinberg USB driver I see available is version 1.8.6

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.8.6 for Windows (64bit):
http://download.yamaha.com/file/60554

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 09:35 AM
rhodesman62
Joined  10-17-2004

Right here:
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_190_win64.jsp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 10:30 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rhodesman62 - 04 October 2014 09:35 AM

Right here:
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/downloads/firmware_software/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_190_win64.jsp

I see. That version isn’t available via the Yamaha download site - it might be that they didn’t update the list yet. However, if you didn’t already try this, you might uninstall version 1.9.0 and see if 1.8.6 works for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 07:00 PM
rhodesman62
Joined  10-17-2004

Did it. No difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 02:18 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Which audio application(s) (DAW?) are you trying to run?

Besides the USB driver, have you installed any other MOXF-related software?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 06:36 AM
rhodesman62
Joined  10-17-2004

I had a MOX6, and installed Cubase and the editors Yamaha offers.
Cubase freezes up immediately.
Same thing with the WMP, YouTube videos, etc. YT videos run for 11 sec without audio, then stop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 08:16 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

There might be a driver conflict. Besides the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver, do you have any other ASIO drivers installed?

Also…
Which version of Cubase is installed?
Have you installed MOXF6/MOXF8 Remote Tools V1.0.1 for Windows?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 12:05 PM
rhodesman62
Joined  10-17-2004
5pinDIN - 05 October 2014 08:16 AM

There might be a driver conflict. Besides the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver, do you have any other ASIO drivers installed?

NOt as far as I can tell. There is the IDT HD audio codec and Intel display audio under the Sound chapter in the device manager.

Also…
Which version of Cubase is installed?
Have you installed MOXF6/MOXF8 Remote Tools V1.0.1 for Windows?

Cubase is 5.1.1., and I have only older software that came with the MOX - editor and remote editor.
I have not installed any of the MOXF software apps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 06:05 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

This is beginning to look like a compatibility problem of some sort, with the OS and/or the computer. Cubase 5 should be OK, but it might be a good idea to uninstall the MOX software and install the latest meant for the MOXF, including Remote Tools. They can be downloaded here.

This might help:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf6_moxf8_basic_audio_recording

If not, contacting Yamaha support or posting at Steinberg’s forum could lead to useful information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 05:23 PM
DHTech
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-20-2014

More or less the same issue here, Cubase AI7 has cracking audio then crash the PC (Windows 8.1 64bit).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 05:03 AM
DHTech
Joined  11-20-2014

Un-installed the Steinberg drivers and re-installed seems to have solved my problem :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2014 @ 02:29 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

I have had the same issue.  Things working fine in Vista, with the older MOXF6 OS, but the new Firmware requires the latest Steinberg Driver (which won’t run on Vista).  Installed everything on Win7 laptop and have spent several hours trying to get things working.  As soon as audio comes through, it crackles and dies.

USB MIDI works fine.  I am able to use the Yamaha Editor just fine.  As soon as I do any MOXF USB Audio, I lose both MIDI and Audio.

I haven’t tried it since the Firmware first came out, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the Steinberg driver many times over.  So now I have Vista and Win7 computers unable to use my MOXF properly.  The only thing that currently works is if I step my MOXF down to the previous OS and then I can use it with my Vista laptop.  But then I lose connectivity with the iPad, which for now, is more important to me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 12:38 PM
DHTech
Joined  11-20-2014

I though my driver re-install had solved the issue, but alas no!

In the windows device manager the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver has a little yellow triangle next to it, and no amount of re-installation or disabling other audio drivers seems to make any difference, Grrrr.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 02:45 PM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

DHTech, did you try using another USB port on your PC? I already know that “Windows triangle problem” from the past. In my case I had a Steinberg CI+ and the MOXF connected to the PC at the same time - both using the latest Steinberg MIDI/audio driver. It always happened that one of the two devices showed a triangle in the Windows device manager after using certain combinations of USB ports, even when the devices were swapped. However, I could finally solve the problem by re-organizing the connections and looking for ports which don’t conflict with each other. I think sometimes USB ports might be internally grouped together (e.g. by hubs etc.). Maybe you can check if a different port may solve your problem. Regardless which configuration you currently have, try to avoid any USB hubs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 26, 2014 @ 03:46 PM
DHTech
Joined  11-20-2014
B.Minor - 26 November 2014 02:45 PM

DHTech, did you try using another USB port on your PC? I already know that “Windows triangle problem” from the past. In my case I had a Steinberg CI+ and the MOXF connected to the PC at the same time - both using the latest Steinberg MIDI/audio driver. It always happened that one of the two devices showed a triangle in the Windows device manager after using certain combinations of USB ports, even when the devices were swapped. However, I could finally solve the problem by re-organizing the connections and looking for ports which don’t conflict with each other. I think sometimes USB ports might be internally grouped together (e.g. by hubs etc.). Maybe you can check if a different port may solve your problem. Regardless which configuration you currently have, try to avoid any USB hubs.

Yeah thanks I did try another usb port and it’s working for now, although only using midi, the usb/vst audio side is still unusable, Cubase seems to struggle and the audio quality is terrible with noise glitchy sound.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2