mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving a mix"

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 10:30 PM
keywhiz
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-28-2014

I bought a MOXF8 a few weeks ago.  I created a MIDI set up in Mixing Mode using several different voices and MIDI settings for a live gigging performance, named it, saved it and saved it to a Master Mode User patch.

Today, it’s gone.  It’s reverted back to the factory settings.  Did I not save everything properly?  Where am I supposed to save my created mixes/patterns and Master mode settings??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 10:38 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

It sounds like you have Power On Auto Factory Set enabled on your machine, which will do just that:  Each time you boot up the keyboard, it executes a Factory Set.

From page 20 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual:

NOTICE

When entering a checkmark to the box of Power On Auto Factory Set
and executing Factory Set, the Factory Set operation will automatically be executed each time you turn the power on. Keep in mind that this also means that your original data in Flash ROM will be erased each time you turn on the power. Therefore, the checkmark of this box should normally be removed. If you remove the checkmark of this box and execute Factory Set, the Factory Set operation will not be executed when turning the power on the next time.

Follow this carefully, especially where it says ”If you remove the checkmark of this box and execute Factory Set, the Factory Set operation will not be executed when turning the power on the next time”.

This step of doing a Factory Set AFTER you remove the checkmark is required to make the deactivation of Auto Factory Set “take”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 10:54 PM
keywhiz
Joined  10-28-2014

No, that wasn’t it.  It wasn’t checked ‘on’ (Although double checking it DID result in me losing some user voices I had loaded from USB.  But that’s not a big deal to retrieve.)

What a weird setting though.  What would possibly be the use of that?  In-store demo models I guess?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 10:58 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
keywhiz - 23 November 2014 10:54 PM

No, that wasn’t it.  It wasn’t checked ‘on’ (Although double checking it DID result in me losing some user voices I had loaded from USB.  But that’s not a big deal to retrieve.)

What a weird setting though.  What would possibly be the use of that?  In-store demo models I guess?

Yes, in-store demo...or for those who just want to start over with a clean slate every time.

If that is not it, then there is something going on with how the custom USER data you set up is being STORED.

A MIXING is really either a SONG or a PATTERN.  The SONG or PATTERN must be STORED as a SONG or PATTERN before it can subsequently be STORED as (or associated with) a MASTER location.

Did you go through both of those STORE operations?  When you are done, you should have both a named SONG/PATTERN and a named MASTER that is associated with it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 11:12 PM
keywhiz
Joined  10-28-2014

Yes.  And what I should have said earlier is that I saved it as a mixing template, as a pattern, and then as a master.  And it all was there for a couple of days.  I left the keyboard off and alone for a week or so and today it’s no longer there.  They are all back to the factory setting.

The only other thing I did in between this time was load a voice set I purchased from the store here into one of the user banks a few days ago.  But those were there when I went looking for the mix setting today.

Could I somehow have cleared the memory when I loaded the voices?  Or is something else going on here?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 11:24 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
keywhiz - 23 November 2014 11:12 PM

The only other thing I did in between this time was load a voice set I purchased from the store here into one of the user banks a few days ago.  But those were there when I went looking for the mix setting today.

Could I somehow have cleared the memory when I loaded the voices?  Or is something else going on here?

Absolutely.  If you LOAD an ALL file, then everything is overwritten...meaning ALL USER data.

Better to LOAD a single USER BANK of new VOICES as a 1 BANK LOAD, instead of as an ALL LOAD.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 11:27 PM
keywhiz
Joined  10-28-2014

That must have been what happened.  Thanks so much for the help!

[ Ignore ]