mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX 6 and Yamaha Standalone Editor"

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
cbirdsong99@hotmail.com
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-04-2013

Trying to use Yamaha standalone editor with MOX6 (do not want to use Cubase) Just the Yamaha editor. I am able to use the mouse on the computer to trigger sounds from the MOX6 but I am unable to call up my saved performances from the MOX and see them on the computer.  I downloaded the Standalone editor, Steinberg Driver, and Studio Manager.  Are these the correct downloads?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 06:02 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

It sounds like you’re Offline (see button at top of the window).
Make sure that you select the ‘right way’ when you start the sync!

When I started using this myself, I accidentally managed to overwrite my edited user voices more than once! D’OH
Backups are good. ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 01:02 PM
cbirdsong99@hotmail.com
Joined  12-04-2013

Thanks for the prompt response Zpink! Can you walk me through how to sync my MOX to the computer?  I am new at this!  Also is backing up my edited performances to a USB devise ok?  Any details you can provide will be greatly appreciated on linking up to the editor and backing up my data.  Also, how do I know all my data has been backed up on the USB?  I Play in a Pink Floyd Tribute band and have worked hard to build these performances, it would be devastating to loose them! 

Cbirdsong

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 03:08 PM
cbirdsong99@hotmail.com
Joined  12-04-2013

I seem to have saved my data to a USB but my computer won’t open the X4A file.  Do you know how to do this?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2014 @ 03:23 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
cbirdsong99@hotmail.com - 22 November 2014 05:27 PM

Trying to use Yamaha standalone editor with MOX6 (do not want to use Cubase) Just the Yamaha editor. I am able to use the mouse on the computer to trigger sounds from the MOX6 but I am unable to call up my saved performances from the MOX and see them on the computer.  I downloaded the Standalone editor, Steinberg Driver, and Studio Manager.  Are these the correct downloads?

Re EDITING SAVED PERFORMANCES IN THE YAMAHA EDITOR
MOX PERFORMANCES are not available in the Yamaha VST/Standalone Editor, just VOICES and SONG/PATTERN MIXINGS.

If you want to edit MOX PERFORMANCES using a software editor, you’ll need to either purchase John Melas’ Performance Editor or Yamaha’s Performance Editor for iPad.

To check out the John Melas Librarian, Click Here.  You can download a trial version.

If you have an iPad, check out Yamaha’s Performance Editor’s manual.  For Yamaha’s download site, Click Here

RE SAVING PERFORMANCES

See Page 153 of the MOX Reference manual for the full-meal write-up on FILE functions.  Here’s the no-brainer workflow.

1. Insert USB into available USB stick slot in back of Yamaha
2. Format the USB stick
- Press [FILE] button, F1 (Config), SF2 (Format), [ENTER]
3. Save everything (the .X4A “All” file)
- Press [FILE], F2 (Save), Type=All
- Name it (move cursor down to brackets, use AI Knob, move cursor using <> buttons on keyboard.  Also, experiment with holding down the SF6 (char) button with the AI Knob).
- Press SF1 (Exec) button.

TO LOAD SAVED FILE

1. Press [FILE] button, F3 (Load), MOve cursor until you’ve selected the file, Press SF2 (Exec). 
- If Type=All, you’ll overwrite everything in the MOX
- Experiment with the different Types.  You can load individual Voices, Performances, Patterns and Songs from an ALL file (.X4A). You can also load 1 of 3 Voice banks as well as 1 of 2 Performance banks to the bank of your choice on the MOX.

RE WORKING WITH THE VST EDITOR
Suggest downloading the MOX VST Editor manual from the Yamaha download site.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2015 @ 01:51 PM
cbirdsong99@hotmail.com
Joined  12-04-2013

Thank you so much for the information!  I appreciate your time and effort in helping me! This website is awesome as are people like you!

Satch

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New MOXF6 today
Next Topic:

Seamless Voice Switching in Pattern Mode ››