mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arp in Perfomance - tempo slows as additional keys are pressed??"

Posted on: November 17, 2014 @ 07:19 PM
gutterspunk
Total Posts:  19
Joined  12-20-2007

Hello all,

I’m making my first dive into trying to setup an arpeggio to use live. I’ve created a simple 16th note repetitive bass sound (it’s an 80’s song) and it works great in Voice mode. I’ve created a Performance including this voice and three others in splits that I need for the song.

The arp plays perfectly fine… as long as that’s the only voice being triggered. As soon as I play another single key elsewhere on the keyboard (whether there is an active voice there or not) the sequence cuts in half. If I play two keys at once it goes even slower (not in half again, but slower). If I hold down a third key it goes even slower, and so on.

Ummm, help?!

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 05:49 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

I searched a bit.
found nothing.
:(
update:
is there an arp edit page with a tempo setting?
check if there is. I don’t have time to now.
also look for something called arp play fx.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 07:36 PM
gutterspunk
Total Posts:  19
Joined  12-20-2007

Thanks for taking time and trying to help!

I THINK I have it working at this point. I say “think” because I’m not entirely sure what fixed it (ha). After several attempts at re-initializing the Performance and starting from scratch (as well as searching for the settings you suggested) I ran out of time and patience and left it for another day (today being that day).

It would seem as though rebooting the board may have solved the issue. When I fired it up today I went ahead and re-initialized the Performance yet again and built it from scratch… again… and for whatever reason it now is happy.

So, again, thanks for the attempted help (and to anyone else who may have read and tried to come up with an answer). I’m sure I’ll be back as I know there are going to be more arpeggiation (new word?!) issues for me to tackle with this new 80’s band I’ve gotten myself into.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2014 @ 08:02 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

glad to hear it.
onward and upward with our amazing Motif XF’s. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 40 anniversary pack
Next Topic:

Change voices using pedal on XF ››