mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Getting Sequencer to Erase/Delete Songs ……"

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 10:56 PM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

HI - I submitted this question awhile back and still can’t get my sequencer to “Erase the Song” and have it stay erased - keeps showing up no matter what process I do.  Looks like it is gone and tracks are clear, yet when go back later it has remained there.  I have followed the following:

To Clear or Erase an entire Song:

1. Press [Song]

2. Press [Job]

3. Press [F6] ‘Song’

4. Cursor up or down to ‘03:Clear Song’

5. Press [ENTER]

6. Using the Data Jog Wheel, select song number you wish to erase.

7. Press [ENTER]

8. Confirm by pressing [ENTER] again.

When the above is completed and I go back to the VOICE it asks if I want to discard edited data - Sure, yet when I press ENTER/YES and it goes back to VOICE, yet return later it is still there.  So I try with EXIT/NO and it is still there.  Disappears while I am in SONG Mode, yet when come back later the data has returned.  Trying to free up space so any help to “eliminate the SONG completely and free it up for more recording” would be helpful.  THANKS MUCH!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 04:06 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

When most people have data problems it’s because of a loss!

Is your data re-appearing immediately, or after a power down? If the Song is one of the demos it could/will automatically re-load until or unless you tell it not to in Utility.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 08:41 AM
B.Minor
Total Posts:  126
Joined  10-22-2010

Forrest88:
When the above is completed and I go back to the VOICE it asks if I want to discard edited data - Sure, yet when I press ENTER/YES and it goes back to VOICE, yet return later it is still there.  So I try with EXIT/NO and it is still there.  Disappears while I am in SONG Mode, yet when come back later the data has returned.  Trying to free up space so any help to “eliminate the SONG completely and free it up for more recording” would be helpful.  THANKS MUCH!

Forrest88, I think I know what you are talking about. The way to get really rid of the sequencer data you think you have been clearing, you must hit the “Store” button first before leaving the song/pattern mode. Only this will finally ensure that the “cleared” items are removed and the remaining items ars stored back to the machine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2014 @ 08:22 PM
Forrest88
Total Posts:  30
Joined  05-15-2008

THANKS B. Minor, This works .....

The Store piece was missing and it was what made the sequencer data disappear completely as desired, so I would add this step #9 to the following.

To Clear or Erase an entire Song:

1. Press [Song]

2. Press [Job]

3. Press [F6] ‘Song’

4. Cursor up or down to ‘03:Clear Song’

5. Press [ENTER]

6. Using the Data Jog Wheel, select song number you wish to erase.

7. Press [ENTER]

8. Confirm by pressing [ENTER] again.

9. Hit STORE followed by ENTER and it will be fully erased

THANKS AGAIN!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Moving from MoxF8 to Motif Rack xx
Next Topic:

Flash board confusion with voices loading ››