mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moving from MoxF8 to Motif Rack xx"

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 06:55 PM
vonnor
Total Posts:  10
Joined  11-03-2010

I have quite a few custom programmed/tweaked voices on the moxF but want to move to a rack-mount solution. Is there any Motif Rack model that my voices can be loaded into? XS/ES? Will I have to reprogram all my voices? What is my best option?

Thanks much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 08:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Of the rack units, the closest to the MOXF is the Motif Rack XS (and it’s a current model), but…

MOXF files can’t be directly loaded into the Rack XS. A certain level of compatibility can be accomplished by using the Melas software.

The MOXF has numerous Waveforms and Arps that don’t exist in the XS. Obviously, if your customized Voices use any of them, they won’t be able to be duplicated in an XS model.

The Rack models have no samplers, therefore no sample memory, and in addition can’t use flash modules. If you’re currently using a flash module in the MOXF, that content won’t be available in a Rack unit. Any Rack XS Voices have to be based on what’s in its ROM.

In comparison to the keyboard models, Multi operation in the Racks is limited, which may or may not be a problem for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2014 @ 10:45 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

The Melas Software is the only way I know you might be able to do it.  I went from the RackXS to MOXF6 and was able to get all of my voices across.  But like 5pinDIN mentioned, the MOXF contains waveforms (and arps) which do not exist on the Rack.  In those cases, you will need to figure out a way to recreate those voices.  The Rack is also stuck to only preset Arps, as it contains no sequencer or ways to create your own patterns.

The Rack does not have Performances.  For Performances you will need to recreate them using the Rack’s Multis.  Multis are kind of like Performances and you will even notice many of the Multis have the same names (and sound) as MOXF Performances.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Working for the weekend patch
Next Topic:

Getting Sequencer to Erase/Delete Songs ...... ››