mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Crackling sound when recording audio"

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 01:39 AM
RichardSH
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-27-2004

I’m hoping someone might know the solution to this issue I’m having when I’m recording audio.

A few ago, I reassembled my Motif ES8 with mLan16e to a computer running Windows XP and Sonar 6 Producer edition after not really using it for the last 5 years. At first, I wasn’t able to get the mlan interface to work, but finally I did.

The problem I’m having now is that when I’m recording audio, I get a crackling sound that disrupts the audio, and that is with Sonar displaying my sample rate at 96kHz 24-bit. If I select echo, I can hear it when it’s recording. But if I turn echo off, the synthesizer sounds perfect. So I know it’s not coming from my synthesizer.

I just purchased a brand new firewire cable and tried it, but I’m still experiencing the issue. So I have feeling it’s something different.  That’s because I have to confess to feeling like total newbie reacquainting myself with mlan and the motif es8 after being away for 5 years, so I have a hunch the crackling sound might be some kind of “pilot error” on my part.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.  I really appreciate this forum being here, as it has helped me a lot. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help!

Richard

My system:

Yamaha Motif ES8
mLan16E
Sonar 6 Producer Edition
mLan drivers

Computer :

OS:  Dual boot operating systems:  Windows XP-32bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
CPU:  Intel i7 970 overclocked to 4.2 GHz
MB:  Asus Sabertooth X58
HD:  Velocipraptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
Logical drives:  multiple
Memory:  9GB
VGA:  GeForce GTX 650
Firewire PCIe card

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 10, 2014 @ 07:07 AM
RichardSH
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-27-2004

I solved the issue I was having with bad audio.

Solution:  I simply increased my I/O audio buffers, and disabled read and write cache (on that same audio options page).

Once I did that, it fixed it, and the combi sounds I sent from my Motif ES, recorded just fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Batch Midi/Audio transfer from ES to DAW
Next Topic:

Using drum samples while performing ››