mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Steinberg Prologue Envelope Generator Question"

Posted on: October 26, 2014 @ 06:55 PM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

Trying to work with Steinberg Prologue.

The manual says that its EG parameters for ADR go to 91 seconds. S is a volume level up to “100”.

The UI shows 181 (milliseconds???) as highest setting for ADR.

I don’t need 90 seconds - but I could use 1 to 5 maybe.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

jb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 03:09 AM
Gumby1240
Joined  09-13-2014

Played with it a bit more - and I think I’m getting more of the feel of it now. So I’m good. Thanks to Bad Mister - writing a personal email! I appreciate the response!

jb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2014 @ 07:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Gumby1240 - 29 October 2014 03:09 AM

Played with it a bit more - and I think I’m getting more of the feel of it now. So I’m good. Thanks to Bad Mister - writing a personal email! I appreciate the response!

jb

It’s good that you’ve made progress with Prologue. Please post what Bad_Mister sent to you so that others reading this thread will have the information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 06:30 AM
Gumby1240
Joined  09-13-2014

Good point!

His email was basically an encouragement to learn more about synthesis and to check out yamahasynth.com

I had stumbled on to it - but didn’t really look at it seriously.

So I went back and WOW! it’s a great site. There’s a TON of tutorials directly relating to MOXF. In fact there is so much there it is a bit overwhelming.

I’m reading trough the tutorials and trying to memorize the basic concepts and language.

I’m pretty impatient by nature. So I guess the biggest take away for me: I don’t really know what’s going on with the machine.

I want to get in there and start making music - but I don’t understand the layout and all the parameters and so I waste a lot of time and think that the machine is messed up - when all the time I don’t know what I’m doing.

It’s humbling - but that’s not a bad thing. 

Hopefully that helps?

Take care - johnb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 31, 2014 @ 08:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Gumby1240 - 31 October 2014 06:30 AM

Good point!

His email was basically an encouragement to learn more about synthesis and to check out yamahasynth.com

I had stumbled on to it - but didn’t really look at it seriously.

So I went back and WOW! it’s a great site. There’s a TON of tutorials directly relating to MOXF. In fact there is so much there it is a bit overwhelming.

I’m reading trough the tutorials and trying to memorize the basic concepts and language.

I’m pretty impatient by nature. So I guess the biggest take away for me: I don’t really know what’s going on with the machine.

I want to get in there and start making music - but I don’t understand the layout and all the parameters and so I waste a lot of time and think that the machine is messed up - when all the time I don’t know what I’m doing.

It’s humbling - but that’s not a bad thing. 

Hopefully that helps?

Take care - johnb

Thanks for your post. Yes, it’s helpful (to me, at least, in ways that might not be obvious).

By the way, you seem to be unaware of the support section here at Motifator. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/moxf_articles/
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/moxf_videos/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 09, 2014 @ 02:52 AM
Gumby1240
Joined  09-13-2014

I am very aware of the support section. I had combed through everything on the Motifator site.

The yamahasynth site has all the same articles plus many more. And the articles have been updated. Some have better explanations. And they seem to keep adding more.

I was just not really aware. So now I have two great places to go!

Thanks!

jb

[ Ignore ]