mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90ES Mysterious Sustain Problem"

Posted on: October 25, 2014 @ 03:42 PM
prodigio@hotmail.it
Total Posts:  14
Joined  04-27-2013

Hi, I have to report a mysterious problem with my synthesizer S90ES.
I have a FC3 foot pedal.
The settings sustain say Half Damper FC3(ON).
Now ...
Based on a standard piano sound that has 12 as the start value of reverb, if I carry it to 0 and play the piano, I listening a sustain and tail reverb plan even if I leave the pedal.
If I connect a standard foot switch sustain do not have this problem.
As if the sustain pedal to activate a certain amount of reverb even if the reverb is 0. Help please, it’s not a normal thing.
In addition, also if I change the setup of Half Damper FC3(OFF), the pedal not work, not activate the sustain and the sound breaks as if there were no pendal connected.

PS: I am very knowledgeable of my instrument S90ES and I have tried to replace the pedal potentiometer but the problem persists

Regards

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2014 @ 11:19 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

If I understand correctly, you’re saying the FC3 somehow creates reverb even if the voice’s reverb level is set to 0, yes? If you don’t experience this when using a ‘normal’ sustain pedal then it would seem to have something to do with the half-damping effect itself. Is there something else assigned as an insert effect that’s being triggered by the half-damping capability?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2014 @ 04:42 AM
prodigio@hotmail.it
Total Posts:  14
Joined  04-27-2013

Yes, but i’ve just try also to reset my OS machine (factory reset) and the problem persist.
And again, if I change the mode to half damper OFF, the pedal does not work even as a simple activator.
Any idea?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2014 @ 02:06 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

I don’t think pedals go bad very easily but obviously that can happen. If when you try to use it as a ‘normal’ (not half-damping) pedal it doesn’t work at all leads me to think the pedal may have a problem unfortunately.

Can you return it to where you bought it from and get them to check it out on another instrument?

[ Ignore ]