mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90xs 2 part multi question"

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 01:16 PM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

Hey ya’ll.  I’m a 5 year owner of the S90Xs, understand and use utilize, Voice, Performance and Master Modes.  I am now attempting to explore Multi. 

PART 1 Question:  In the multi mode there are 16 parts of which can be assigned different midi transmit/receive channels as well as different voices.  Is that to say that I can, lets say, assign a different voice to each of the 1-5 parts, set them to say midi channel 2, then set my 2nd keyboard to the same midi channel, then when I play the 2nd keyboard all 5 parts will sound at once???

PART 2 Question:  If part 1 is accurate, then can I assume that if I assign parts 6-10 (of the same multi) different voices, say 5 horn voices, and set those parts to channel 1 will the S90 play all 5 of those voices at once when keys are played???

thanks, I’m a tad bit old and any help would be appreciated.

Johnny Ack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2014 @ 08:14 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You should be able to do both “PART 1” and “PART 2”. However, the polyphony is limited to 128. With that much layered, it’s easy to run out of notes, especially if both the S90 XS and the external keyboard are played at the same time and/or you use any sustain.

Also, Insertion Effects can only be turned on for eight Parts simultaneously, so if using ten they might not all sound the same as they do when played alone in other modes. Then again, with that many being played at once, you might not notice the difference.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Edit performance in master mode
Next Topic:

S90ES Mysterious Sustain Problem ››