mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Compare Melas editor vs. new Vycro MX pro editor?"

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 01:06 PM
mr5x5
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05-04-2013

Anyone had any experience with both MX voice editors to compare them?
No interest right now in Cubase or any other DAW apps.
My main focus is for creating new user voices.
Intuitive interface?
Deepest access into the synth engine?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 03:12 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

If you want to create new user voices by having access to the deepest building blocks of AWM2 synthesis then you need John Melas MX Voice editor. With this editor you have access to the 8 voice elements of a voice, the internal waveforms that are stored in MX ROM and all the detailed parameters that exist in the synth engine. If you get the complete MX pack you also get a total librarian, a performance editor and a drum kit editor.

The Vycro MX either free or pro editor is a performance editor meaning that you cannot create new user voices. You can only create new performances with the existing voices. It gives you more power over the onboard editing facilities especially in giving the ability to create some MEGA Performances with more than 2 layers/splits. But the same can be done with Melas Performance editor. Vycro has a more fancy GUI than Melas tools but in my oppinion th pro version is very unstable (at least in the demo mode).

Melas tools are standalone applications (not VST compatible).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 03:20 PM
mr5x5
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05-04-2013

“The Vycro MX either free or pro editor is a performance editor meaning that you cannot create new user voices. You can only create new performances with the existing voices.”

You may be right but while we were waiting for it, the “Pro” retail model was being referred to as a voice editor. Now that it’s finally on the market I see they are calling it a “total performance editor”. So what does that mean? If it is only for performance editing, what can the Pro version possibly do that their excellent free version does not?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 12:13 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

From the Psicraft web site:

The Vycro MX Pro Total Performance editor is a Psicraft Designs retail product that expands on the features of Vycro MX in many ways. You can download this editor for free and it will run in demonstration mode as a Standalone or Plug-In editor.

So download it and see what it can do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2014 @ 03:58 PM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

I think they have added a VOICE edit tab but it only affects the LFO and CONTROL SET parameters of the voices that are part of a performance. This tab was missing from the free version (and maybe some effects settings - I don’t remember exactly). But it remains a performance editor. If you want to go deep in AWM2 synthesis and gain control to the waveforms and elements of a voice, then you have to go for John Melas MX tools. Both tools work in demo mode so you can give them a try before you buy.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Assign Effects to Knobs 1 and 2.....
Next Topic:

Splits, Rhythm Patterns, and Parts ››