mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting Up Midi - Logic Pro X"

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 09:47 PM
Pjblues
Total Posts:  61
Joined  12-18-2013

Okay, this may be a simple thing for others but for someone like me, I need some better instructions. I have the MOTIF XF8 with the FW. How do I send midi out of the Motif into Logic Pro X and setup an external instrument to play using the Motif? I know this is simple but setting up the FW has been difficult for me. I still have not got (4) tracks playing out of the Motif into Logic yet, recording (4) tracks at once. I know this Motif is supposed to be able to do these things but I cannot figure this out.

Please help me with detail instructions, video, or something.

Thanks everyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Pjblues,

It’s highly unlikely that anyone here has the time to give you detailed instructions or a video. It’s very difficult to diagnose your problem without turning up at your place.

I can give you a good point to start at though.

Logic works with the things that it sees set up in the ’Audio MIDI Setup Utility‘ which is a Mac OSX utility residing in the Utilities folder inside you Applications folder.

Applications > Utilities.

There is nowhere in Logic to change the configuration of any hardware at all. All you can do is select the different hardware.

Perhaps your Motif XF/firewire is not correctly configured in the Audio MIDI Setup utility?

You will be able to see how all of the inputs and outputs are routed there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 08:25 AM
Pjblues
Total Posts:  61
Joined  12-18-2013

Thanks Mike, I understand perfectly. I just thought there was something already existing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 08:39 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

No worries Dave.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ? way to place a wave file directly into a track
Next Topic:

Very usful if possible? ››