mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "The original Motif XS forum is back!"

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 05:31 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/108/

So far, it ends with threads from April 8th. Hopefully the threads from the
XS (Temporary) forum will be merged with it to create a single XS forum.

Thanks, Motifator/Keyfax!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 05:39 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Funny, I only noticed a few days ago that the old XS section was gone. I checked around for an explanation (inside the “temporary” section, on the home page, etc.) and didn’t find any. Glad to see the old messages are back. What the heck happened?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 05:40 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

We found an old colleague who has managed to work some magic on this errant data. We’re still working on trying to merge the temporary XS forum with this so please just hold onto your hats (and posts) ladies and gents. We don’t want to open the Champagne too soon.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 05:42 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
anotherscott - 22 October 2014 05:39 PM

[...]What the heck happened?

Something that’s so far been unexplained. It just disappeared around the first week of April 2014.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 05:50 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

The original Motif XS forum and the Motif XS(Temporary) forum have been merged. The temporary forum no longer exists. Good work!
cool.gif 2thumbs.gif cheers.gif < Not champagne, just beer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 09:30 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
MrMotif - 22 October 2014 05:40 PM

We found an old colleague who has managed to work some magic on this errant data. We’re still working on trying to merge the temporary XS forum with this so please just hold onto your hats (and posts) ladies and gents. We don’t want to open the Champagne too soon.

I’d hang on to your colleagues’ contact info just to be safe. Give him a Batphone or a retainer?

Nice Job and Thank-You,
Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2014 @ 10:54 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

We are permitting ourselves a small glass of fruit cup now, thanks to Jason - I think we can all give this new dad a big round of applause! - and his sterling efforts. As we understand it, the ‘problem’ was a software upgrade that corrupted data in the Motif XS forum and which then caused it to be removed from being accessed by the forum engine. The ‘solution’ was a method of finding this data-then-without-a-home, fixing whatever caused it to be corrupted, and then reintroducing it. Sounds simple, of course, but our main tech support team told us it was not and, despite countless attempts to retrieve and fix, they failed to find a solution. Enter Jason (suitably be-cloaked with a red-on-yellow “J” emblazoned on his chest) and he managed to unlock the mysteries of this process and, and they say, make it so.

Here at Keyfax we have had what can only be described as an interesting year, undergoing attacks from many places, but we remain here for the Motif community and thank you all for your patience and support.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2014 @ 03:49 AM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

Thank you very much for resolving that problem!!! cheers.gif It would have been a shame if all the valuable information collected over so many years got lost.

All the best, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2014 @ 06:49 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
MrMotif - 22 October 2014 10:54 PM

Here at Keyfax we have had what can only be described as an interesting year, undergoing attacks from many places, but we remain here for the Motif community and thank you all for your patience and support.

MM

If an “intellectual property” attack was initiated, I’m very glad KeyFax was able to mount a successful defense.

Without this community’s resources as well as knowledgeable and helpful members, I would have sold my MOX6.

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]