mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changing MASTER mode programs via MIDI?"

Posted on: May 05, 2014 @ 04:25 PM
HarlanH
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-05-2014

Hi,

I just bought an app for my iPad called iMidiPatchBay which lets me send Program Changes to all my MIDI equipment. However when playing live I play the MO6 in MASTER mode so I can access both Performance mode and Voice mode programs by simply changing from one number to the next.

I have searched all over the Internet but cannot find the MSB/LSB values for changing MASTER mode programs. In fact I don’t even know if this exists, since MASTER mode is intended for using the MO6 as a MASTER keyboard.

But before I go and completely change the structure of my programs setup I’d love to know if there is a MSB/LSB value for changing programs through MIDI in MASTER mode.

Thanks a whole lot in advance.

Harlan.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 05, 2014 @ 06:12 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

By definition MASTER mode controls others, it cannot be slaved to something else… at least not by MSB/LSB or Program Change.

If you want to send in MIDI messages to select a MASTER - you cannot do so with Bank Select and Program Change messages, you must use a SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE Parameter Change message:

F0 43 10 7F 00 0A 00 00 dd F7

where “dd” is the Data Byte, 00-7F for Master 001-128

Alternatively, you can plug in a Foot Switch and have it increment through your Master programs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 09:53 PM
HarlanH
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-05-2014

Thanks Bad_Mister!

It’s exactly what I suspected already. I’ll go for the complete restructure and take it from there.

Thanks again for the info!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 05:01 PM
smilzo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-30-2004

Hello,
I’m a S90 user and I have to control Voice EQ parameters (EQ Low Gain, EQLow Mid Gain...) via MIDI with Brainspawn Forte software.
Can I use System Exclusive messages?
There is a way to convert MIDI Parameter Change Table on Data List Volume to Sys Ex messages? Or there is an existing complete table?
Thankyou so much!!!
Roberto

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 04:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
smilzo - 20 October 2014 05:01 PM

Hello,
I’m a S90 user and I have to control Voice EQ parameters (EQ Low Gain, EQLow Mid Gain...) via MIDI with Brainspawn Forte software.
Can I use System Exclusive messages?
There is a way to convert MIDI Parameter Change Table on Data List Volume to Sys Ex messages? Or there is an existing complete table?
Thankyou so much!!!
Roberto

Do have an original S90, or is it an S90 ES, or S90 XS?

By the way, S90 questions should be posted here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewforum/163/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2016 @ 11:57 AM
polabran
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-27-2016

Bad Mister you’re a lifesaver! Now I can change my master setups remotely on my MOXF from my laptop running Digital Performer using the sysex message. I was able to change performance setups before but needed the extra control of master mode to control my Roland XP80.
thanks a million!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mo6: Sound problem in song mode
Next Topic:

Downloading sounds from one MO 8 to another ››