mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No MIDI input metering on Cubase MIDI track with MOX8 as VST"

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 12:50 PM
arcasdad
Total Posts:  9
Joined  01-21-2012

Dear community,

I am struggling since a while with this topic,,, I am using Cubase 7.5 on Mac Mavericks with the MOX8 and have setup everything for DAW rec (Quick setup 1). The MOX8 is connected via USB to Cubase and I can see all the ins and outs. I have setup a VST Instrument track for the MOX with All MIDI in and just cant see any MIDI input metering despite having the track record enabled. When I hit record, everything id fine and the MOC is recording MIDI notes on the track, Even playback and monitoring thru the USB audio back to an audio track to Cubase works fein - I just wonder thatI do not see any MIDI note ons metering in the MOX VST instrument track. If I switch to e.g. a MIDI track oder instrument track with Padshop I can see the MIDI input notes played thru the MOX as masterkeyboaqrd in the Padshop metering channell. But not on the MOX instrument VST channel. Am I wring? I mean, it works, I can record and playback - just wonder whats wroing that Cunase doesnt display and midi input metering by the midi notes oon the MOX VST channel.
Any help appreciated!!

arcasdad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 07:35 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

You should be using MIDI tracks in Cubase with your MOX if you want to play the sounds on it with MIDI. 

So whatever is or isn’t happening using an instrument track doesn’t really matter, because it is incorrect for that purpose.

Instrument tracks are for virtual instrument plug ins that you can play and control with your MOX.

MIDi tracks are for playing, recording and controlling MIDI to/from external MIDI equipped instruments.

The MOX VST is not a soft synth as such in the same way that Omnisphere or Nexus is, it’s a VST editor to the synth engine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2014 @ 08:40 AM
arcasdad
Total Posts:  9
Joined  01-21-2012

Thanks! Didn´t care about this difference on MIDI track or Instrument track. Will go now with your advice and come back if the issue persists.
Thank you very much!!
arcasdad

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connecting MOX6 to an iPad 4 (Lightning)
Next Topic:

User Voice Elements Song/Mixing Mode ››