mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Please help!  Unable to record audio with mlan16e / sonar producer 6 and Windows XP pro.  Can anyone help?"

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 12:10 AM
RichardSH
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-27-2004

I’m hoping that there might be someone who knows the solution to my problem.  The problem is that no matter what I have tried, I remain unable to access the ASIO panel in Sonar 6 Producer so that I can record audio with the mLan16E.  However, mLan appears to be transmitting MIDI without issue.

My system:
Yamaha Motif ES8
mLan16E
Sonar 6 Producer Edition
mLan drivers

Computer :

OS:  Dual boot operating systems:  Windows XP-32bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
CPU:  Intel i7 970 overclocked to 4.2 GHz
MB:  Asus Sabertooth X58
HD:  Velocipraptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
Logical drives:  multiple
Memory:  9GB
VGA:  GeForce GTX 650
Firewire PCIe card

5 years ago, I remodeled my home and disassembled all of my music equipment related to my Motif ES and Sonar 6 producer.  I also purchased a Yamaha GC1 baby grand after the remodel, and got lazy about reassembling the Motif ES8 and mLan software.  I always figured that even if there were OS incompatibility for Sonar 6 producer in future Windows operating systems, I could always build a Windows XP computer, and so it shouldn’t be an issue.  (I do recognize that XP 32 bit does not utilize my RAM fully, but I would be happy at this point if it worked at all.)

So I laid down a fresh installation of Windows XP Pro and installed all updates.  I installed Sonar Producer 6, and updated it so that it is now version 6.2.1.  I installed mLan tools and drivers (I have tried different versions of mLan tools from versions 154, 155 and 163).  I have set up the graphic patchbay connections.

But when I go into Sonar Producer 6, audio options, the dialogue box is called “Audio otions - WDM/KS’ and I cannot save the ASIO dropdown.  Nor can I get into the ASIO panel as it is not there.  The MIDI works ok, but not the audio.  The whole reason I got the set up in the first place was so that I could easily record at 24 96.  But right now, I can’t record audio period.  On a side note, I have noticed that if I use mLan driver version 163, the ASIO - WDM option is completely missing in the auto connector, so I went back to 154.

While my motherboard has an onboard firewire 1394 port, I disabled it and installed a firewire PCIe card.  It didn’t solve the problem either.  I also tried disabling (in the bios) the onboard audio, with the thinking that it might disable WDM drivers and force ASIO to go to the mlan drivers.  It didn’t.

Lastly, I did go through the Motif ES mLan tools setup “checklist” that was provided in this forum. I heard one person mention that disabling WDM drivers forces ASIO, but I haven’t clue where to disable that. (I already tried the bios).

If there is anyone who can see, and then tell me what I’m doing wrong that might enable me to use my system again, I will be eternally grateful.  I spent close to $3,000 on my Motif ES in 2004, and I don’t want to have to purchase a whole new machine.  It would have been nice if Yamaha had supported the product’s mlan drivers through Windows 7.  But right now, I’d be happy if I could get it working on Windows XP.  Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best regards,
Richard

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
RichardSH - 19 October 2014 12:10 AM

[...]But when I go into Sonar Producer 6, audio options, the dialogue box is called “Audio otions - WDM/KS’ and I cannot save the ASIO dropdown.  Nor can I get into the ASIO panel as it is not there. [...]

I don’t use Sonar, so hopefully someone who does and is familiar with installing Sonar 6 Producer Edition will reply.

Until then, please see the Sonar section (page 18 onward) of
http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/mLAN16E_ES.pdf
While it deals with earlier versions than you have, much is probably still applicable. In the right-hand column of page 18, there’s mention of being able to select ASIO via the Advanced tab of the Audio Options window. Also, there might be something that has to be selected via the Drivers tab.

If you haven’t already done so, you could try calling Yamaha support, although this is really an issue with Sonar and not the ES. Otherwise, posting at the Cakewalk forums could be helpful.

Best of luck in getting this resolved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 05:06 PM
RichardSH
Total Posts:  8
Joined  02-27-2004

Thank you very much for the advice.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SLICE & GET TMP Motif es
Next Topic:

Hammond with overdrive & wah ››