mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Updated Yamahasynth website?"

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 03:37 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

So the Yamahasynth website is back in use again I see, but it is pretty much a hot mess. Gigantic type font making it hard to navigate, you have to log in each time and the forum layout is ridiculous.

Is this Motifator site still monitored by Yamaha, Bad Mister, etc or do they expect people to use the Yamaha branded site for official support?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 04:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
SpongeBob - 20 September 2014 03:37 PM

So the Yamahasynth website is back in use again I see, but it is pretty much a hot mess. Gigantic type font making it hard to navigate, you have to log in each time and the forum layout is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. It amazes me that a company which wants to present a good image wouldn’t find better Web designers.

SpongeBob -

Is this Motifator site still monitored by Yamaha, Bad Mister, etc or do they expect people to use the Yamaha branded site for official support?

It’s my understanding that Yamaha in general, and Bad Mister in specific, will not be participating here any longer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 05:13 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Yes, I agree too - the Yamahasynth site is not well constructed.

Regarding this Motifator site I am rather concerned as to how it is being taken forward. MrMotif is on the site and certainly helping where necessary. However, it would appear that Bad_Mister has not been here for some time and may not be here again.

It would certainly be helpful to understand the official position of Yamaha with regard to their respective support of Motifator vs Yamahasynth.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 05:18 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

I’m glad that Yamaha put some effort in redesigning the older Yamahasynth website. but, there is still lots of room for a second redesign step, to further improve it in the future.

I’m also happy to see Yamaha asking for direct feedback from it’s Synth customers. before rushing to release another MO… or Anything else. This is a smart, and wise way to proceed forward. Especially after a decade of nothing but Motifs being offered as far as Synths and Workstations from Yamaha.

Let’s hope they get it right, and that they will introduce some new, and awesome sounding synths, and/or workstations in the near future.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 01:14 AM
zenith
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-01-2014

Rather than web designers, Yamaha should hire User Interface designers from Apple to design user friendly interfaces for the Motif line.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2014 @ 12:42 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Seriously? Motifator has been abandoned by Yamaha staff?

Way to go. Message acknowledged, Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 10:05 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Seriously indeed. Did the staff officially confirmed it as well or did they kept it a secret?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 11:44 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The response over at Yamahasynth to date hasn’t been great.

I explicitly asked about whether to post stuff there or here at Motifator and got no response...sigh.

I wish they would make an official statement about the future of the two sites so at least we would know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 11:20 AM
SpongeBob
Joined  11-19-2006

On a positive note, there is a lot more content and improved navigation over there now, so lets hope for the best as this seems to be a work in progress. I think we are most concerned about continuing product support directly from Yamaha via the forums, so we’ll have to wait and see about that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 07:26 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

Given that YAMAHA is asking for feedback as to what we YamahaSynth fans want to see them offer in the future.

I wonder which of these two Scenarios is more realistic ?

(Scenario 1) They have something up their sleeves that they might want to tweak a bit, and is getting ready for release by early next year. Or… the other extreme would be that

(Scenario 2) Yamaha has nothing ready at this time, and have no clue where to head next.  and is just getting a feel for where to head next via their new Yamahasynth website’s forum. and sadly ...  If this is the case, then I don’t expect to see anything new and exciting coming our way for at least another year, maybe more..

That would be quite a while to wait for something new, and exciting from Yamaha.

What do you feel is the more realistic scenario 1 or 2 ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2014 @ 09:06 AM
SpongeBob
Joined  11-19-2006

I trust Yamaha has a number of smart people, so I’m sure that’s not the problem. But I do think the lines are very blurred these days on what a ‘synth workstation’ really is or should be today. For musicians, the iPad is practically ubiquitous, as are all the various computer-based DAW’s and sound/production offerings from places like Native Instruments, etc.. So what do we really need built into our future synth’s?

I still see workstations on stage, but you see a lot of controllers and stage pianos as well. I see more and more acceptance of laptops within a live context as reliability has improved over time.

So why do I use a Motif and not an S90? The ability to load samples. I don’t use the Motif sequencer functions that often now so I would be happy as long as the other functions were there. I think this is what Yamaha is looking to better understand.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sequencer file formats on different models
Next Topic:

DSI - Pro 2 vs Moog Sub 37 ››