mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS - 4 Element patch vs. 8 Elements"

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 11:43 AM
jammer01
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-16-2013

First off, great to see something back up for the XS.

Here is my question:  I add or combine elements to shape some patches on the XS.  I have some patches that originally had 4 elements to them and when trying to add additional elements, I am able to copy or set up the additional elements but get NO sound from the added elements.  I do turn on the new elements and they are not muted.

I have other patches that work fine for adding the additional elements. 

It seems that there must be some other control somewhere to enable the new elements that I have added? I am unable to determine what/where to enable the added elements.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 02:46 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

It sounds like you already have the Element set to On and the volume set to a level where you expect to hear something.

Look at the XACtrl setting.  This determines how the element is triggered for Expanded Articulation (XA).  Be sure these are set to ‘Normal’.  If it is set to something like ‘AF1 On’ then the element will sound only if the Assignable Function 1 button is flipped on.  Once you hear the sound under ‘Normal’, then you can always change the setting later for your own needs.

Try turning off all the elements but one that you don’t hear.  It could be the filter cutoff is so low that it is cutting the element down to almost nothing, so you don’t hear it in the full mix of other elements.

It may also be a Control Set item.  Spin the Mod Wheel.  Maybe something is initially setting the volume to 0 and the Mod Wheel is used to control the element’s volume.  Or, the Mod Wheel may be controlling the filter and opening it up as you increase the wheel.

These are just a few ideas.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 02:54 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Also, check the Note Limits, Velocity Limits, and Output Level of new elements.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 03:35 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jammer01 - 01 October 2014 11:43 AM

[...]Here is my question:  I add or combine elements to shape some patches on the XS.  I have some patches that originally had 4 elements to them and when trying to add additional elements, I am able to copy or set up the additional elements but get NO sound from the added elements.  I do turn on the new elements and they are not muted.[...]

Welcome to the forum.

For any Element in a Voice, just because the Element Switch was turned off doesn’t ensure that the original programming didn’t have some unusual Parameter settings. It’s probably best to initialize those Elements in a Voice that you are going to program yourself.

Select the Voice you are going to work on. Press [JOB], [F1](Init). Uncheck the “All Parameters” box. Uncheck “Common” and any “Elm” you want to keep as is - any “Elm” you want to initialize should be checked. Then press [ENTER], etc., to complete the initialization of the checked Elements.

At that point, the Elements that were checked should not have any remnants of previous programming, and you shouldn’t experience the issue you described.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 06, 2014 @ 09:39 AM
jammer01
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-16-2013

Thanks all for your replies.  I will go in and try your recommendations.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Breath Controllers and compatibility
Next Topic:

Slow operating system XS ... ››