mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Waveform Full” error message when trying to load “All” file"

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 10:18 PM
cliffxr
Total Posts:  23
Joined  12-04-2004

Under File, I performed a Save All to capture my current settings with no issues.  I’m using a known good USB that I’ve used with the Motif previously.  When I try to load that same file, I get “Waveform Full” as an error message.  Settings are Type: ALL, FL1: without sample, FL2: without sample, Load USR: USR, FL1: FL1, FL2: FL2.  I have one 1024 Flashboard installed. I know it’s probably something simple, but I don’t mess with the File function often and have no clue what I’m doing wrong.  Would appreciate some guidance.  Thanks.

I’ve gone back and tried Loading with FL 1: without sample and still get the same problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 10:49 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
cliffxr - 30 September 2014 10:18 PM

Under File, I performed a Save All to capture my current settings with no issues.  I’m using a known good USB that I’ve used with the Motif previously.  When I try to load that same file, I get “Waveform Full” as an error message.  Settings are Type: ALL, FL1: without sample, FL2: without sample, Load USR: USR, FL1: FL!, FL2: FL2.  I have one 1024 Flashboard installed. I know it’s probably something simple, but I don’t mess with the File function often and have no clue what I’m doing wrong.  Would appreciate some guidance.  Thanks.

First, review This Article if you haven’t done so for a while, especially the last third or so of it.

When you SAVE without sample, you are still SAVING waveforms...the pointers or “containers” for the samples.

So, it stands to reason that when you LOAD FL1:FL1 and FL2:FL2, you are actually re-LOADING the WAVEFORMS each time, even though you are not LOADING Samples (because you SAVED without sample).

Set these LOAD options to FL1:None and FL2:None to LOAD neither samples nor WAVEFORMS (I know you only have FL1, the references to FL2 are rhetorical for the sake of clarity/consistency).

You will want to clear out all of the duplicate WAVEFORMS you have on your Flash Board at some point.  Since your FLASH board has a theoretical maximum of 2048 Waveforms, it seems like you have been stacking them up for a while now!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 11:02 PM
cliffxr
Joined  12-04-2004

cmahyle, thanks for the quick response.  Setting to None worked.  Still not sure why.  I’ve read the article awhile back and still don’t get it 100%.  I need to go over it again a couple times.  I also didn’t understand why I would need to clear out the duplicate waveforms (or even how they’re duplicated) on the Flash Board or even how I see them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 11:08 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
cliffxr - 30 September 2014 11:02 PM

cmahyle, thanks for the quick response.  Setting to None worked.  Still not sure why.  I’ve read the article awhile back and still don’t get it 100%.  I need to go over it again a couple times.  I also didn’t understand why I would need to clear out the duplicate waveforms (or even how they’re duplicated) on the Flash Board or even how I see them.

Well, I guess you don’t need to clear out duplicate WAVEFORMS if you will not be needing to LOAD any new WAVEFORMS in the future!

You can manage the Flash Expansion Module in UTILITY (see page 230 of the Motif XF Reference Manual).

To paraphrase (or re-phrase) my post above per your questions:

WAVEFORMS (from your FL1) get SAVED every time you SAVE an ALL File without sample.

Those SAVED WAVEFORMS get re-LOADED (to your FL1) every time you LOAD FL1:FL1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 11:16 PM
cliffxr
Joined  12-04-2004

I obviously need to read up some more on Flash memory and Loading/Saving.  Thanks again for getting me to an immediate solution!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 12:01 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cliffxr - 30 September 2014 10:18 PM

Under File, I performed a Save All to capture my current settings with no issues.  I’m using a known good USB that I’ve used with the Motif previously.  When I try to load that same file, I get “Waveform Full” as an error message.  Settings are Type: ALL, FL1: without sample, FL2: without sample, Load USR: USR, FL1: FL1, FL2: FL2.

Perhaps this will clarify things a bit…
The “FL1: without sample, FL2: without sample” at the left half of the display are Save options, not Load options - it doesn’t matter how they’re set during a Load operation. With Load options set FL1>FL1 and FL2>FL2, if the “All” file was saved with the FL1 and FL2 “with sample” options, then both Samples and Waveforms would be loaded. If the “All” file was saved with the FL1 and FL2 “without sample” options, then just the Waveforms would be loaded.

The “None” Load option for FL1/FL2 cmayhle pointed out (and as described in the support article) will prevent Waveform duplication. (That option isn’t mentioned in the XF Reference Manual because it was first available with OS version 1.10.) If the Waveform memory is almost full, using the “None” setting will prevent that memory from being filled and the error message appearing. However, the duplicate Waveforms should be removed or you’ll be limited in adding any more.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 12:10 AM
cliffxr
Joined  12-04-2004

Thanks 5PinDIN, that helps clear it up a little more.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 01:44 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

This Thread has a lot of helpful information.

Page 15 of the attached Supplementary Manual outlines an OS v1.10 update that allows removal of same-name WAVEFORMS from the Flash Board (one at a time).

Alternatively, the John Melas Waveform Editor will elegantly allow you to remove duplicate WAVEFORMS from your Flash Board.

From the Melas Waveform Editor Manual:

Remove Duplicate Waveforms
This command detects similar Waveforms (same name and same number of Keybanks) and displays a Window with the compare results if duplicates are found. You can select which duplicate Waveforms you want to actually delete.

File Attachments
Supplementary Manual.pdf  (File Size: 4171KB - Downloads: 345)
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New free Sample Library available
Next Topic:

The Next Generation Motif XF Coming out Soon? ››