mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Foot Controller for Volume"

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 02:43 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I am trying to use a Foot Pedal to control volume during certain Perfs/Songs where I use an organ patch. However, other selections I really don’t want the pedal “hot” because it’s oo easy to accidentally knock it and send the volume thru the roof. Do I have to program the control (on/off) for every single Perf/Song in my show to avoid this? If I could just press it to max, I would, but it doesn’t seem like it’s accurately reflecting my desired volume when I do this. Anyway, I’m thinking there is some ignorance on my part and perhaps someone could steer me to a solution. In general, I’m finding the volume pedal to be a pain, the “arc” of the thing seems uneven and hard to control from a standing position. But for now I’d be happy to just disable it when I don’t need it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 11:46 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

If you want to disable it, yes, you have to do it by Voice/Perfromance/Song/Pattern as appropriate.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 12:34 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

What is the make or model of the pedal?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 02:47 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

It’s the Yamaha FC7.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 02:54 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

The FC7 has an adjustment regarding the standing/sitting position which may help with the “arc” you described. There is a Manual available as a download. Useful. I’m currently mobile and will check later to see if your other issues are addressed.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 05:04 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

It’s particularly annoying when standing, since your physical balance is off (standing on one foot!) nd it’s SO easy to knock that thing down to max. At this point, as I said, I’d be OK with just disabling on certain pieces (be they Perf or Song/Pattern) and will have to research that process. While I’ve got everyone’s attention regarding Foot Controller issues, I would like to set a 3rd (and last) Assigned Pedal to “scroll” through my Master/Perf/Songs hands-free and perhaps other functions. I’ll bet there is an article somewhere on this very subject which I’ll look for next.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 05:23 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
muscarella - 30 September 2014 05:04 PM

It’s particularly annoying when standing, since your physical balance is off (standing on one foot!) nd it’s SO easy to knock that thing down to max....

I know the issues one must deal with standing and playing while using the FC7 pedals as I have (4) of them lined up.

In addition to the adjustment mentioned already, did you know there is an adjustable “spring point” that lets you set the “max. position at rest”?  This adjusts where in the pedal travel it will spring back to if pushed beyond it.  Set this properly, and you will not need to worry about the pedal accidentally being “knocked down to max”.  You will, however, be able to override this set spring point when more volume is needed, and push the pedal all the way forward.  It will spring back when you let go.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 12:37 AM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I was not aware of this spring mechanism feature you speak of. Hmmm.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 04:59 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

You might also consider using Expression CC11 rather than Main Volume CC7. Here at Motifator we did produce an informative video on using the FC7 and FC3 pedals that used to be on the main Yamaha website but right now it appears to be broken. We will try to find it and post a link.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 07:14 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

CC 11 sounds like the right thing, actually. I would very much like to see that video, too.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ A/C Drop or Surge or ???
Next Topic:

Change Song from Logic MOX ››