mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sample full message"

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 06:16 AM
rower72
Total Posts:  22
Joined  08-31-2014

Hi i am still strugling to get everything right with the flashboard. I think i do understand a whole lot more now but still walk into walls. When i load up all my soundsets and make different libraries from them in total librarian john melas there are a lot of errors. First i had problems with arpeggios not coming with the sounds so i found out it can be done by loading an all file without waveforms so i had the arpeggios i needed. But later another problem occured sounds begin to behave strange like they are attached to the wrong waveform even with putting the moxf back to factory settings would not help only by formating the flashboard again what i have done already 20 times or so. Also when i have sounds loaded and i want to reload them i get the message sample full and i got now only 500 mb on the board and it is 1 gb of space so i donbt undersdtand why i get the message sample full. Still today i cannot make full advantage of the flashboard and can only use 1 soundset at the time format and reload another one wait 20 minutes. Also i tried with loading only voices putting voices with total librarian etc. I am starting to think that it is a bug in the yamaha software and before you ask i do have the last firmware loaded, do this problems also happen with the motif xf cause i still think the yamaha is a great keyboard but i just like to switch thrugh sounds and try new things out what takes a lot of time this way. I would welcome any advice ah almost forget too tel i own the mutec flashboard 1gb maybe there lays the bug i dont know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 09:50 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are a few possible reasons you’re having certain problems.

From http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_whats_new 
Flash - By the Numbers:
• A single FLASH BOARD adds either 512MB or 1024MB (1Gig) of rewritable memory for custom data.
• There can be 2048 Waveforms containing as many as 8192 individual Samples.
• All Waveform/Sample related data is based on “whichever comes first”. If any of the limits is reached you will be out of sample memory. That is, if you use up the 8192 individual Samples before you reach the 2048 Waveform limit or the 1024MB limit, you will be out of memory. If you reach 1024MB before you reach 8192 samples or 2048 Waveforms, you will be out of memory, and so on… whichever comes first.

Also see http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/moxf_flash_board

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 02:47 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

I understand but the strange thing is that i dont load samples when this error occures.  The file where this is happening is the cp1 piano file from Yamaha, when i do all file load but without samples and waveforms because i got this previously loaded the error sample memory is full happens when i load it with bankvoice this doesnt happen i just noticed a bug there. Then when i load up other stuff from easy sounds i get voices who are directed to wrong waveforms aldo it looks like that because they dont give any sound or just a strange noice. If i want to undo this i need to do an all file with waveforms and samples and later have to optimize the flasboard or format it to get the space back.Maybe i can do it with an voicebank load but then i dont have the arpeggios loaded. I know how to solve this problems now but just wondering if this is normal or just i am doing something wrong and it cost more time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 23, 2014 @ 02:55 PM
rower72
Joined  08-31-2014

Btw i have read those articles and the manual many times but nothing is explaining the errors, i just think its a mistake in the firmware or flashboard so thats why i want to discus this here and want to know your opinions if this is happening also with others. I am already thinking to make a video aldo i am lacking the right equipment for that and send it to Yamaha so they can solve the problem in the future.

Everything can be done at this moment but with this errors it just takes more time and it doesnt have to be like that also when you read the manual or articles it should just work but it doesnt for the full 100 percent.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha i-MX 1 Midi Interface
Next Topic:

MOXF VOICE CHANGE VOLUME LOWER PART OF THE SPLIT ››