mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIXV Question?"

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 10:17 AM
iansimpsonit
Total Posts:  28
Joined  03-29-2014

Hi guys, I have got 30 backing tracks on my Motif XF8 that I intend to use live to play along to, so far with your help everything works fine. However I was looking at a new function in version 1.10 which describes VceConv converting a sample voice to a Mixing Voice.

So My question is, what would be the advantage if any of me converting my backing tracks? would it give me the ability to change tempo without affecting pitch?

one more Question

I have 30 AIF Files on my Flash Rom’s and 30 Songs saved that refer to those files on the Flash Rom’s.

Is it possible to backup the Songs and The Corresponding AIF files onto a USB Stick?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 05:26 AM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011

Let’s wait for a more authoritative reply, at least for your first question.

About backing up both AIF samples and songs, you can save an .ALL file (.x3a estension), but it might become quite large, expecially time comsuming when you wanted to restore Flash memory content.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 06:08 AM
iansimpsonit
Total Posts:  28
Joined  03-29-2014

I’ve just found that thanks, hope someone can shed some light on the first question.

There must be some point in the MIXV function .

Cheers Ian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 08:19 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
iansimpsonit - 19 September 2014 10:17 AM

Hi guys, I have got 30 backing tracks on my Motif XF8 that I intend to use live to play along to, so far with your help everything works fine. However I was looking at a new function in version 1.10 which describes VceConv converting a sample voice to a Mixing Voice.

So My question is, what would be the advantage if any of me converting my backing tracks? would it give me the ability to change tempo without affecting pitch?

If you haven’t already seen them, these might be enlightening:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mix_voice_bank_mixv
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/learning_about_the_sample_slice_and_sliceseq_sample_functions

Just a note for anyone who might be running an older OS version:
The Sample Voice to Mixing Voice conversion was indeed “new” with OS v1.10, but of course the most recent OS is v1.50.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 08:48 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Mix Voices are stored with your sequences, including samples if appropriate. That way you can save All Songs or All Patterns files and reload the songs from those rather than requiring loading of User Voices to guarantee the sequences play properly.

Since Sample Voices are also stored with the sequences, it’s not imperative to change them to Mix Voices.  However, once they are Mix Voices they can further be converted to User Voices which might be of interest.

As far as backing up samples associated with sequences in general, if those samples are in the 128MB of RAM, you must back them up ;) If they are in flash, you don’t need to back them up unless you expect to be removing them from flash in the future. 

Discussing various backup strategies for sequences and samples could take many pages!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Live Performance
Next Topic:

Motif XF Wireless Connection with my I-Pad 2? ››