mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Copy song to pattern"

Posted on: September 18, 2014 @ 12:50 PM
Chopin123
Total Posts:  232
Joined  01-29-2013

Hi
I need to copy song to pattern ,but I already have something in that pattern and I want to join these two together.when I do split song to pattern I can choose measure of the song but I can’t choose measure where in pattern I want to put it. Besically I have part of the song in song mode and second part in pattern mode and want to have the complete song in pattern. How I do that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 18, 2014 @ 02:41 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You can’t do what you want in a single step.

The Split Song To Pattern feature only lets you move the song data to a particular pattern section, not to measures within a section.

But once you have the song data in a pattern section, you can use the Split, Copy and Append features in the Pattern Job menu to slice and dice as needed.

This assumes you have not filled up all the sections of your pattern already...you need an empty one to hold the song data.

Based on previous experience, I suggest copying the target pattern into a new pattern before splitting the song, just in case you need to start over again ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 06:12 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Ah!  I did what you said but that changed all my instruments in the whole pattern , I had 15 instruments there now I have 2 instruments and the rest changed to pianos. I don’t remember all the set up I had, there was performance in it as well , I can’t undo it , how do I go back to previous settings ? I’ve been working on that piece for 6 months?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 09:01 AM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Ok.not as bad as i thought . I fortunately saved all files on USB, so I restored all the settings.
But question still remains , how do I move that part from song mode to pattern into certain measure and without changing all other instruments?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF: limiter on the output buss? CC data
Next Topic:

Live Performance ››