mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Any opinions on the KARMA Motif software?"

Posted on: September 16, 2014 @ 04:28 PM
JohnnyP702
Total Posts:  13
Joined  06-17-2014

I thought I would ask here since there doesn’t seem to be any reviews although the software was mentioned in the Keyboard Magazine review of the MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 10:54 AM
wunno
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-14-2014

I got it some weeks ago and I like it. It has 64 presets most of which are realy cool. On top of it you have endless options to tweek the sounds and performances as you like or create new ones from scratch. It kinda turns your moxf into an arranger keyobard like a tyros with fill-ins and breaks etc.

But if you use your moxf in a fixed environment hooked up to other keyboards or controllers you might have a bit of an issue, since Karma needs to reconfiguring your moxf. The remote control then works only with Karma and not with your DAW anymore.
So as for me, I use my moxf either with Karma or with my other equipment. Maybe Karma could be integrated with the rest, but I haven’t had the time to investigate sofar.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 09:45 PM
JohnnyP702
Joined  06-17-2014
wunno - 17 September 2014 10:54 AM

I got it some weeks ago and I like it. It has 64 presets most of which are realy cool. On top of it you have endless options to tweek the sounds and performances as you like or create new ones from scratch. It kinda turns your moxf into an arranger keyobard like a tyros with fill-ins and breaks etc.

But if you use your moxf in a fixed environment hooked up to other keyboards or controllers you might have a bit of an issue, since Karma needs to reconfiguring your moxf. The remote control then works only with Karma and not with your DAW anymore.
So as for me, I use my moxf either with Karma or with my other equipment. Maybe Karma could be integrated with the rest, but I haven’t had the time to investigate sofar.

I appreciate this information. From what you explained, Karma is best used as stand-alone and not with your DAW. That shouldn’t be an issue with me since I use Pro Tools and a control surface. I’m going to give it try and cross my fingers in hopes that I really like it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2014 @ 10:45 AM
wunno
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-14-2014

You still can use it with a DAW for recording.
But I used the remote control a lot where you can start and stop your recording stright from the moxf. This won’t work with Karma.
Also Karma is reconfiguring the moxf. For instance I had my moxf set up as a master keyboard sending out the clock. Karma turns it into a “slave” by setting “MIDI Sync” to “EXTERNAL”.
But if you are using your moxf as a standalone instrument, this won’t bother you and Karma is really great fun.

Just remember, if you want to use your moxf without karma for a change it will not work proberly unless you load another configuration from the quick setup menu. As soon as you hook up karma it will reconfigure it again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2014 @ 03:07 PM
JohnnyP702
Joined  06-17-2014

Ok, thanks! This is something I’ll have to definitely consider.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ RSS for MOXF Forum?
Next Topic:

MOXF 6/8 INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO W FLASH BY BAD MISTER ››