mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MX firmware update 1.01 worth performing ?"

Posted on: September 13, 2014 @ 04:23 PM
rivanho
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-11-2014

Hi, my MX49 and MX61 both have the firmware 1.00. I noticed the 1.01 update on the Yamaha website. Is it usefull to update other then the volume ? And are there some risks. In the readme file they say it’s for MX49/MX61 with firmware versions “earlier” than V1.00, mine are not earlier but are 1.00
Normally “if its not broken, do’nt fix it” so better leave it as it is ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 01:41 PM
mr5x5
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05-04-2013

This is a quote from the “read me” file that comes with the update:

Main Fixes and Enhancements

- Raised the volume of the OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] jacks and the [PHONES] jack by 6dB.
- Added a “Performance Direct Select” function in which you can switch the Performance number directly by pressing the [SHIFT] button and the Voice Category button simultaneously in the Performance Select display. While this function is enabled, you can change the performance number simply by pressing the Voice Category button, without needing to press the [SHIFT] button.
- Solved some other minor problems.

IMO the firmware update process is pretty easy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 11:50 AM
dfahrner
Total Posts:  67
Joined  03-10-2009

Yes, the update is worth doing...to me, the higher output level is a significant improvement,and the “direct select” function is pretty useful, too...it is an update to 1.00, regardless of what the readme file says, and as mr5x5 says, it’s easy to do...your point about “if it ain’t broke...” is well taken, but in this case it’s worth fixin’…

df

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 15, 2014 @ 01:09 PM
rivanho
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-11-2014

OK, thanks for the reply, the update went well on both MX49 and MX61 so I’m reassured :-) Volume much better and indeed, the direct select is handy :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2014 @ 12:48 PM
jamescarta
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-02-2011

just installed firm ware 1.01 What a big difference in volume.  easy to do also.

[ Ignore ]