mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need help with Sustain of Piano&String;Sounds"

Posted on: April 02, 2010 @ 09:47 AM
pit11
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-02-2010

Hello together,

I am new her in the forum. And also I bought a Motif ES 6 2 weeks ago.

I need help for following problem.

I want to play a Voice or a Performance, in which I combined a piano sound and a string sound.
When I press the sustain pedal I want, that the piano an the string sound slowly of.
Now my big problem.
If I change to the next accord, the piano sound goes away, but the string sound still sounds along, if I press the sustain pedal again. So I get a bad sound.
I tested this with only an string sound. Following happend.
I play the sound, then a press the sustain pedal an release the keys. The sound goes on.
Now I release the sustain pedal, and the sound goes to soften. If I the press the sustain pedal again, the sounds hold on on the actually nosie level.
And that is the Problem.
I want, if I release a sound from the sustain pedal, that the sound goes down. There shoud no effect on the released sound, if I press the sustain pedal again.
Because if i change the accord, i got a proble, because the old accord sounds in the backrouns agian.

I hope you understand my problem. Hope someone can help me.

Best regrads
Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2010 @ 11:46 AM
scottrod
Total Posts:  122
Joined  06-14-2005

The sustain pedal “holds” the sound at whatever is the current sound level, even when after you release the keys. If you are holding a sound with the sustain pedal and quickly release and then reapply the pedal, it will continue to sustain the sound at the level to which it has decayed. If the decay time (called Release) is longer than the time it took you to release and reapply the pedal, the sound will hold again at the level to which it decayed.

This is how the sustain pedal functions and is correct.

The best way to correct your problem is to change the decay time of the piano or string sound (whichever sound is the problem) to decay faster when you release the pedal. That way it will not continue to sustain when you reapply the pedal.

You need to Edit the sound and decrease the value of the Release for the Filter and Amplifier sections of each of the sound’s elements. It will take some time and understanding, but I’m sure you can make the instrument perform the way you like.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2014 @ 09:20 AM
tomtilkens
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-15-2010

This is a problem I have with the Motifs and I’ve never encountered it on any other instrument.  From all other makers of keys and synthesiziers, I’ve never ever seen this issue except on Motif ES.  (I’ve little experience with other Motif models and since the DXs, I’ve not been a huge Yamaha fan).  I can appreciate how this type of functionality can be useful but only in limited situations.  Pitt11 describes playing they way thousands of people do every Sunday in churches, not to mention all other venues every week. 
I know I’ve found the resolution to this before on a previous ES but I’ll be a donkey’s ball if I can’t find that again.  To have to edit decay times is simply counter productive.  By default, notes sustained by the pedal should be permanently released when the pedal is let go...the way every other keyboard I’ve ever played does.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Control room settings in Mlan /ES for Nuendo.
Next Topic:

music stand for motif es6 ››