mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to update firmware version 1.12.0"

Posted on: September 01, 2014 @ 07:25 PM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

I have a xf6 and i would like to update to the latest version firmware.I also just went from windows to a apple iMac and I don’t know my way around apple to good yet.Do i need to get a usb flash drive for the down load? Also should i format the flash drive in the xf first.Could use some help please. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2014 @ 07:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Before you update your XF, you should be aware that the most recent OS for it is version 1.50 - 1.12 is quite old.

You can get version 1.50 here. Once you download the file to your computer, unzip it and look at the Readme. It will explain what has to be put on a USB flash drive, and how to proceed. As instructed, be sure to make a backup “All” file before proceeding to protect your own data.

Although some USB flash drives will have to be formatted on the XF, many already have the correct format. If you copy the 8K44OS_.PGM to the drive and the XF recognizes it, then of course there’s no need to format it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 12:16 PM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

What will version 1.50 do for my xf6.Thanks 5pinDin,for some reason in a little nervous about updating the xf.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

It will not do any harm.  It has some impressive new features.  Don’t be nervous!

File Attachments
V1.50 Readme.pdf  (File Size: 69KB - Downloads: 254)
Supplementary Manual.pdf  (File Size: 4171KB - Downloads: 334)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 02:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
angelkeys - 02 September 2014 12:16 PM

What will version 1.50 do for my xf6.

The new features that are gained when updating from version 1.12 to 1.50 are too numerous for me to list. I suggest you download the 1.50 file and unzip it, then read motifxf_v150_en_nf.pdf which is the Supplementary Manual. It explains the features added by versions 1.10 through 1.50. Also, after OS 1.50 is installed, you can load new Voices which take advantage of it. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471090/

angelkeys -

Thanks 5pinDin,for some reason in a little nervous about updating the xf.

Any risk of installing a new OS is minimal, although not zero. Once the installation is started, it’s important not to interrupt it. The AC power source should be reliable, you should allow the installation to finish, and follow the directions. If so, the chances of a problem are minimal. Many users have successfully updated Motifs.

EDIT: cmayhle posted while I typed (twice, because I somehow managed to lose my text the first time!). Since he posted the Supplementary Manual, just download it from his attachment.

[ Ignore ]