mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Next generation motif"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: July 31, 2014 @ 05:32 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010

I’m hoping for something like an Motif EX. A modern version of the EX5, with enough DSP/CPU power to do what it should do in the first place.
- AN or AN1x engine
- VL engine
- FM engine (F1SR or SY99 stuff)
- Tone Wheel organ engine
- SSD AND flash
- Similar Set List system as Kronos. Seamless transition between “everything”. (actually highest on my wishlist)
- State of the art rotary and drive effects
- Midi Autosampler inside the synth. For sampling other synths or VI’s
- Hardware metronome button
- Selective option for polyfonic after touch (Not _that_ important)
- Wooden ends
- A third expression wheele
- Incredible detailed piano voices
- Easy and FAST favorite voice system.
- Inverted data value faders. For using them as drawbars.
- More assignable outputs AND inputs
- Import of NI Kontakt samples (ok, not gonna happend)
- Direct connection for iPad
- Round Robin support

Thats in the spirit of EX5.
And i have no more need for VI’s on stage

Pleeeease! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2014 @ 03:50 PM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

I would like to see the new xf with ass kicking b3 organ sounds and B3 type levers for control of those sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 03:30 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004
angelkeys - 03 August 2014 03:50 PM

I would like to see the new xf with ass kicking b3 organ sounds and B3 type levers for control of those sounds.

Levers? Levers would be weird.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 09:35 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
greedo - 31 July 2014 05:32 AM

I’m hoping for something like an Motif EX. A modern version of the EX5, with enough DSP/CPU power to do what it should do in the first place.
- AN or AN1x engine
- VL engine
- SSD AND flash
- Similar Set List system as Kronos. Seamless transition between “everything”. (actually highest on my wishlist)
- Wooden ends
- Round Robin support

You just described the Kronos, except for the Kontakt import, third wheel, and auto sampling. Any reason you haven’t bought one?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 04:25 AM
greedo
Total Posts:  48
Joined  11-23-2010
DavePolich - 05 August 2014 09:35 PM
greedo - 31 July 2014 05:32 AM

- AN or AN1x engine
- VL engine
- SSD AND flash
- Wooden ends
- Round Robin support

You just described the Kronos, except for the Kontakt import, third wheel, and auto sampling. Any reason you haven’t bought one?

I didn’t have the Kronos in mind at all when i wrote this.
Good question. I think my main reason for not getting a Kronos at this time is all the voices and waveforms i’ve made for my Motif over the last years. Can’t affort to keep my Motif and get a new Kronos ATM. Most of all, i like my Motif, and i’ve learned to use it with it’s live performance limitations.
I don’t fint the Kronos rotary and drive effects that good. My XF with a Mini Vent or my C2D sounds way better.
The last 20 years my main live keyboard has been a Yamaha. Lately (last 3 or 4 years) i’ve used softsynths on stage (using BrainSpawn Forte)together with the Motif. I kind of wanna avoid that, so i’m hoping for a workstation that narrows that gap between software and hardware (Sorry for my English :)).
Another thing. The Korg Kronos forum is so calm and peaceful. Maybe too peaceful. They dont have provoking comments from DavePolich or Bad Mister to the users :), even you guys are there.
I need that to clear my brain sometimes.
The current Kronos don’t have wooden ends either. :)
If there’s a new Kronos at next NAMM and Yamaha just have their White Edition as their “new” workstation i guess its gonna be a change for me. That doesent make me a enemy with Yamaha thou :)
so Peace!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2014 @ 09:48 AM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
kb420 - 30 July 2014 05:15 PM
muziksculp - 24 June 2014 09:34 AM
Hamad - 24 June 2014 08:22 AM

it’s about 4 years now and yamaha didn’t release any workstation
this is the longest amount of time ever between their keyboards

Yes, I wonder what they are up to ?  Something really new, and very exciting, or another watered down MO… or maybe Nothing at all ? 

Even the Motif XF was not a huge step up from the Motif XS.

So, technically, it has been more than four years since they really put something NEW and Very Exciting.  I guess we will know when they release something.
Cheers,
Muziksculp

When the Kronos was released with a SSD drive and virtual synthesis engines, I was sort of hoping that Yamaha did the same thing.  I would love to see a new SSD based Yamaha Motif workstation with real virtual synth engines based on the AN1x, and a full virtual DX7 with all 6 operators, 32 algorithms and every preset Yamaha ever made for them.  Also, since the waveform data in all of the Motifs have been relatively small in comparison to the SSD technology available now, it would be nice if this new workstation had all of the presets from all of the Motifs.  The current XF only has 741 MB of wave ROM.  That’s really nothing at all in comparison to some of the libraries of virtual instruments, and it certainly wouldn’t take up much space on a 62 GIG SSD drive relatively.

Of course, Yamaha would have to make a new soundset for the new keyboard that really takes advantage of all of the new technology.  All of this may seem like a lot to hope for, but in reality, I don’t think it’s unattainable at all.

Better find other companies then Yamaha who truly care about musicians!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 12:23 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chilly - 01 September 2014 09:48 AM

Better find other companies then Yamaha who truly care about musicians!!!

Yamaha cares - at least to the extent that musicians purchase Yamaha gear.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 04:11 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I’m with you jos!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2015 @ 01:49 AM
andy warfield
Total Posts:  36
Joined  02-08-2013

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2015 @ 11:08 AM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012
jos - 10 September 2014 03:50 PM

why need a new motif serie ?? when you own already a motif xs - xf
i think most moif owners ?? do nor knowe that the motif xs - xf is still the most advance and stronges synth music work station first of all the best sound engine , the most effects processor options
you can play and create your own personal sound patches in voice mode / you can do multi track recordings and mix in song mode even in block sessions ln pattern mode / you can play and create multi track drum - arpr - bass and chord loops whit the al most to many
options / you can mix and play audio wave samples / you can sing and record vocals and even vocoder tracks / you can mix - remaster and convert all to a wave format audio file PS not even need to use a PC / DAW or what ever !!  what more do we need ??
all these options are still not on the newest korg kronos or newest Roland series !! so my advice learn your motif xs- xf there is musch more to discover then only fool around in the standard factory presets and spend more time in mix - effects mode optionsand all other modes !! so what more must yamaha do , to inspire motif xs - xf players to buy again a new motif XXL ??? 
ok mayby a build in gsm phone / a foto - video cam . and a internet explorer >> hahah no thanks ............!!

Alright I believe JOS can you give me an example on how sound synthesis engine of MOTIF is the most advanced engine made ever?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2015 @ 02:51 PM
andy warfield
Total Posts:  36
Joined  02-08-2013

If you want to find why you can;t become a great music composer and you are just a bathroom hobby composer for soo many years ,jut check out my other MoLounge thread called :
Motif Users are BEGGING for a new workstation

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New MAC OS X - Fall of 2014
Next Topic:

To All Creative People Everywhere ››