mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Duplicated waveforms"

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 06:41 AM
benoit
Total Posts:  173
Joined  08-19-2009

Hi everyone!

I have a flash ram board 512 Mb in my XF. I noticed that incidentally, many of the same additional waveforms are duplicated 2, 3, or 4 times in the waveform list! Did this happen to any of you too?

Probably, i do something wrong when loading new libraries or loading an all file.

Is there a simple way to delete those extra waveforms other than one by one?
(I did this twice already and it took me more than an hour!)

Or Does the John Melas editor solve this specific issue?

Many thanks to all of you

Benoit

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 08:21 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s most likely that you’re loading “All” files incorrectly. The LOAD option “None” can help avoid duplication of previously loaded Waveforms. In some unusual cases, a library (such as Inspiration in a Flash) might itself have some duplicates.

You might find this thread interesting/helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 09:56 AM
benoit
Joined  08-19-2009

Thanks again 5pin din.

I appreciate your help!

Yes, it´s about the inspiration in a flash content, and also the CP 1 piano.
Load option was set to FL1 in my case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 12:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
benoit - 29 August 2014 09:56 AM

Thanks again 5pin din.

I appreciate your help!

You’re welcome.

IiaF has five pairs of duplicate Waveforms.

The CP1 piano has 15 Waveforms, seven of which might appear to be duplicates, but they are not. The first eight Waveforms are used in the supplied Voices, the last seven are named similarly to the first seven, but are the flat versions (with “flat” added to the end of the name). Those last seven flat Waveforms are not used in the Voices that come with the library. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469679

benoit -

If you ever reload any Voices, etc., from those libraries, setting the FL1 LOAD option to “None” (as opposed to “without sample") will prevent duplication of Waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 02:35 PM
benoit
Joined  08-19-2009
5pinDIN - 29 August 2014 12:50 PM
benoit - 29 August 2014 09:56 AM

Thanks again 5pin din.

I appreciate your help!

You’re welcome.

IiaF has five pairs of duplicate Waveforms.

The CP1 piano has 15 Waveforms, seven of which might appear to be duplicates, but they are not. The first eight Waveforms are used in the supplied Voices, the last seven are named similarly to the first seven, but are the flat versions (with “flat” added to the end of the name). Those last seven flat Waveforms are not used in the Voices that come with the library. See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469679

benoit -

If you ever reload any Voices, etc., from those libraries, setting the FL1 LOAD option to “None” (as opposed to “without sample") will prevent duplication of Waveforms.

I´ve also noticed the “flat” samples. They come also with the other XF pianos as well. (Nevertheless I´d like to know if those are really new sets of samples or if the XF “retune” the samples named “flat” internally.)

I will check my flash RAM waveforms. I must have like more than 400 from the CP 1 alone!.... So I guess in my case it would be better to format the FL 1 and start loading libraries from the beginning..

But when loading a “1 voice bank” into the SD Ram for listening only, is it possible without “writing” anything to the FL 1?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 03:02 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
benoit - 29 August 2014 02:35 PM

...But when loading a “1 voice bank” into the SD Ram for listening only, is it possible without “writing” anything to the FL 1?....

Yes, as long as you make sure you are “loading a “1 voice bank” into the SD Ram”, and NOT into the FL1 (sample-wise of course).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 03:14 PM
benoit
Joined  08-19-2009
cmayhle - 29 August 2014 03:02 PM
benoit - 29 August 2014 02:35 PM

[...But when loading a “1 voice bank” into the SD Ram for listening only, is it possible without “writing” anything to the FL 1?....

Yes, as long as you make sure you are “loading a “1 voice bank” into the SD Ram”, and NOT into the FL1 (sample-wise of course).

Yes, this is clear so far, but there is also the option Fl 1 : USR /or FL 1: none?
I´m not sure if the waveform data can be loaded ONLY into to the SD ram (USR)
I will check.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 03:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
benoit - 29 August 2014 03:14 PM

...Yes, this is clear so far, but there is also the option Fl 1 : USR /or FL 1: none?
I will check.

Yes, the Sample data can be LOADED to either the USER Ram or the Flash Board, if present.

Consider someone lacking a Flash Board...USER Ram is the only location that they have available to house Sample data.  This is very similar to how the XS works.

The XF provides the new option to have Sample data go to a non-volatile location, if installed.  But if you wish to keep it off the Flash Board for auditioning purposes, you revert to the USER Ram.

Choose FL1:USR

This LOADS any content in the original File that was STORED on FL1 to the USER Ram...and keeps it off your Flash Board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 04:16 PM
benoit
Joined  08-19-2009
cmayhle - 29 August 2014 03:29 PM
benoit - 29 August 2014 03:14 PM

...Yes, this is clear so far, but there is also the option Fl 1 : USR /or FL 1: none?
I will check.

Yes, the Sample data can be LOADED to either the USER Ram or the Flash Board, if present.

Consider someone lacking a Flash Board...USER Ram is the only location that they have available to house Sample data.  This is very similar to how the XS works.

The XF provides the new option to have Sample data go to a non-volatile location, if installed.  But if you wish to keep it off the Flash Board for auditioning purposes, you revert to the USER Ram.

Choose FL1:USR

This LOADS any content in the original File that was STORED on FL1 to the USER Ram...and keeps it off your Flash Board.

Ok!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif xf S700 sample velocity problem!!
Next Topic:

Audio Interface for Motif XF ››