mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Step by step creating user arp pattern/assigning to a pattern…..creating a new performance"

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 02:03 AM
msian
Total Posts:  30
Joined  08-13-2014

Hi guys,

I have been struggling to create a new performance. Before this new performance, I suppose, I need to choose the various arp patterns to create this new performance. However I need to create a new user arp and mixed with some pre arp and finally creating into a new performance with the individual ARp (Arp 1/ Arp 2...) to complete a live performance song.
eg. In New Perforamnce ,Arp 1 with Guitar and drums then bass as an intro, and then I switch to Arp 2, as verse ( complete drums/Bass/Guitar with a spilt keyboard where the upper keys will play a synth part,etc..  Arp 3 chorus....

The manual and reference manuals simply cannot make me understand the correct steps accordingly. hence in the end, I am totally mess up and confused ! Please help. Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 11:49 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

That’s quite a lot of info to impart in a reply I think. I’d recommend you take things step by step and slowly build up to what you want to accomplish, Performance wise. Creating user arps is not difficult (experimenting with the “put phrase to arp” Job will show you a lot) but there are a lot of options.  Just have fun creating a bunch of user arps and seeing how they work and what they do. There are quite a number of arpeggio-based tutorial articles here and you can look in both Motif XS and Motif XF areas, too, because arps essentially function in the same way on these models.

Finally, the new MOXF In ‘N’ Out video covers a lot of this territory so check it out and see if that’s something you should pick up.

You’ll get where you want to go, but don’t try and do/learn everything all at the same time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 12:30 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012
msian - 27 August 2014 02:03 AM

Hi guys,

I have been struggling to create a new performance. Before this new performance, I suppose, I need to choose the various arp patterns to create this new performance. However I need to create a new user arp and mixed with some pre arp and finally creating into a new performance with the individual ARp (Arp 1/ Arp 2...) to complete a live performance song.
eg. In New Perforamnce ,Arp 1 with Guitar and drums then bass as an intro, and then I switch to Arp 2, as verse ( complete drums/Bass/Guitar with a spilt keyboard where the upper keys will play a synth part,etc..  Arp 3 chorus....

The manual and reference manuals simply cannot make me understand the correct steps accordingly. hence in the end, I am totally mess up and confused ! Please help. Thank you.

Could you explain it in more details and a bit more clearer? I had problems understanding what you described specially in the first paragraph. It’s mostly my bad as I’m not native English speaker.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 02:15 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Sorry, it’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking everyone in here speaks fluent English!

The suggestion is first to experiment with creating your own user arps. Here is a tutorial on this. Then, when you are comfortable creating and saving your own user arps you can then focus on creating your own Performances.

MOXF has a lot of features. The task you describe can definitely be done on MOXF but if you try and learn how to use the instrument at the same as a you are trying to program a specific set-up, you will end up very frustrated and with a big headache.

1. Learn how the instrument works.
2. Then apply that knowledge to your music.
3. You will then be very happy!

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2014 @ 11:37 PM
msian
Total Posts:  30
Joined  08-13-2014

Thank you very much Mr Motif. I will also read on the link of Arpeggios Explored. Yes, guess I am in a hurry to do all in ONE. Need to slow down, though,..Uuuuusaaahhhh.......

Hi Abdol,..well guess me being already confused, am confusing almost everyone , except Mr Motif, haaaaaaa

I am planning to perform live mostly as a 2 piece band.....
I am good at sequencing(Cubase) and then transfer songs to Moxf SONG mode, however, I noticed the potential of Moxf arpeggios, where with the limited onboard sequencer memory, one can utilise this arpeggios to a vast variety of selected songs.
Naturally, someone tells me to buy an Arranger keyboard for this purpose, however, I really love the realistic traditional sounds of the MOXF, and with the ligtweight and full 88 keys (MOxf8), it is irresistible.
One other option is to go to another route of playing SMF/Wave on a laptop, which is hooked via USB to Moxf as a sound generator ( in order to enjoy the Moxf sounds).

Thank you all once again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Download URL for MOXF Extension of Cubase AI 7
Next Topic:

Knobs Not Changing Paramaters ››