mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Download URL for MOXF Extension of Cubase AI 7"

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 09:40 PM
zenith
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-01-2014

I have just installed (and activated and registered) my free copy of Cubase AI 7 including the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver on my laptop and connected my MOXF8 to it, yay!

BM at the time said not to skip this next step:

Download and install the “Yamaha MOXF Extension"… Software that teaches Cubase specifically about your MOXF, and automatically makes all the critical settings. Many skip this and struggle to make all the settings manually. You are now aware that this makes it easy so please remember to install it before you struggle with trying to configure all the MIDI and audio settings yourself. (It is so much easier when you follow the steps).

Anyone has the URL for the download?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 10:25 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
zenith - 26 August 2014 09:40 PM

[...]Anyone has the URL for the download?

As far as I know, the MOXF Extension is installed with the Remote Tools, which can be downloaded here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 10:33 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
zenith - 26 August 2014 09:40 PM

I have just installed (and activated and registered) my free copy of Cubase AI 7 including the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver on my laptop and connected my MOXF8 to it, yay!

BM at the time said not to skip this next step:

Download and install the “Yamaha MOXF Extension"… Software that teaches Cubase specifically about your MOXF, and automatically makes all the critical settings. Many skip this and struggle to make all the settings manually. You are now aware that this makes it easy so please remember to install it before you struggle with trying to configure all the MIDI and audio settings yourself. (It is so much easier when you follow the steps).

Anyone has the URL for the download?

Check out This Thread.

The Remote Tools download referred to will be found Here...for both Mac and Windows.

EDIT: 5pinDIN...too fast!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 11:29 PM
zenith
Total Posts:  29
Joined  05-01-2014

Thanks, guys, have ‘Remote Tools’ installed now :-) It seems to have added 2 recording templates MOXF with VST editor (2StereoRec Mode) and MOXF with VST editor. In my first baby step, I don’t use VSTs.

What recording template do I use for playing a built-in piano voice (say Full Concert Grand) over a stereo backing track that I plug into the A/D inputs? The MOXF is in the 2StereoRec Mode set via ‘Utility’. If there is no ready-made template available, what is the closest template, and how do I set up that template?

Sorry for the simplistic questions, but I have bought myself a cannon to shoot at mosquitoes and now I have to ask how to handle the cannon.

[ Ignore ]