mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "NEED HELP !! WAVEFORMS/USER VOICES from third party LIBRARY-MOTIF ES"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 06:04 PM

Yes those voices are in the pattern. When I delete the duplicated waveforms & then try to do a save, it reads -45999 UNKNOWN ERROR ?

After you delete the duplicates, are you repointing the Voices in the Patterns to the proper (remaining) Waveforms before saving? I’m not familiar with the error code you’re getting, but it just might be caused by the ES seeing Voices that point to nonexistent Waveforms.

ENOO -

SDRAM (DIMM) Believe it’s the MAX which is 2 of 256 MB correct ?

Actually, the maximum for the ES is 2 of 512MB (the manual is wrong). However, you didn’t answer my question. This only matters if you’re running out of memory - are you?

ENOO -

So now:
(1)when i use these voices in another pattern will it duplicate the waveforms even more ?
(2) having these duplications will it not take more time to load the files ? OR even saving them ?
(3) Always do a SAVE/LOAD ALL FILE, does that have any effect ?
Please, thanq

Try to avoid saving and loading duplicate Waveforms - yes, the time to do so will increase otherwise. Using “All” files that don’t themselves have duplicates can help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:48 PM
ENOO
Total Posts:  144
Joined  07-05-2008

Since i had info that the MAX is 512 MB TOTAL, i have 2 X 256.

Have like 10 voices from the 3rd party library, 6 songs that use few of them & like 8 Patterns that have user voices too.

(1) So do i have to always point waveforms to loaded user voices whether SONGS/PATTERNS always so that they do not duplicate ?

Will get back to you soon as I see results (hope so)

(2) MEMORY installed is 2 X 256 bcoz that’s what i was told/read in the MANUAL.
Would I need to install the MAX=1024 MB ?

Currently it shows 46.8 MB used
Pls adv, thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:54 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 06:48 PM

[...]Currently it shows 46.8 MB used

If that’s all you’re typically using (that’s why I asked!), then it seems you’re likely overly concerned. Are you having an actual problem?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 07:14 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Sorry the info that i gave u on sample mem was incorrect. 46.8 was only with the ALL VOICE. After doing a LOAD ALL it shows 93.3 sample mem used, like twice the amount. is that due to duplication of waveforms ?

At this point I am just trying to learn/grasp & get my hands on it.

Will be sampling quite much more. These Indian/Bollywood waveforms/voices are anywhere like 2 to 7 MB each.

(1)after deleting the duplicated waveforms (having the one only per waveform that i should have to begin with) point them to the tracks of the user voices on my patterns/songs & this will prevent duplication ?

(2) To load an ALL from the flash dr it takes just a l’il over 5 min. is that normal ?

(3) with a factory reset, I load the 10 user voices/waveforms, i see the 10 (which is how it should be, correct ?) BUT as soon as I load the PATTERNS, SONGS or say like the ALL File I see exactly the same repeat from 11 thru 20 ? & when I delete the 11 thru 20 & try to save an ALL file it reads -45999 UNKNOWN ERROR.
cannot seem to understand what’s goin on ?
Please, thanq

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Please MBF or 5SD,
Tried out everything BUT here’s what’s happening. When I just load the 10 USER VOICES (with it’s waveforms) I see in sampling there are 10 waveforms.

then When I load the PATTERN that has these 10 USER VOICES in the MIX the duplication takes place, like i mentioned earlier 1 thru 10 repeats 11 thru 20 & if I delete any then i get that -45999 unknown error & it’s all messed up on my ALL file, etc.

Is it that bcoz the PATTERN has these 10 user voices that it is actually loading the waveforms again rather than using those 1 thru 10.
Please, please HELP !! Been putting toooooo much time into this. wanna resolve so I can go further & not have to straighten up things when lot much is done.
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 06:24 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

In your patterns are you using Mix Voices?

After selecting a pattern in the Mixing screen you can select each track and see what voice is being used. If more waveforms are being loaded when you add the Pattern, then those waveforms were saved with the Pattern...normal if any of the patterns are using mix voices that use samples.

You still have not told us the source of these files you are trying to load. It would help us a lot if you would just tell us, you keep telling us the same thing over and over again. If that was all we needed to know we would have been able to explain to you what to do already.

Here is something to try:

1. Turn on the ES
2. ONLY load the patterns. DO NOT LOAD THE VOICES into User2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Check to see you have 10 waveforms in RAM and the patterns play OK.

Let us know how that works out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 07:41 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

The following is all that you requested, pls respond for resolve, appreciate it, thanq.

(1)Clarify Mix Voices ? u mean like the USER VOICES from the Library ?

(2) The SOURCE that i am loading these user voices from is called Swar Systems that specializes in Indian instrumental sounds, etc.

(3)Just loaded ONLY the PATTERNS. The PATTERN plays with all the normal voices/drums, etc (preset from MOTIF ES) BUT.....NO I do not hear the user voices (loaded from SWAR)

(4) the sample memory used is 312 kb versus when i load ALL it is 90 + MB.

(5) most important NO WAVEFORMS in the RAM

Hope I am expressing myself right so that i can help u for u to help me.
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 08:23 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Buddies NO response as of yet ?

Well here’s an update 4u: I deleted the 1 thru 10 & succeeded with just having 11 thru 20 on the waveforms. Now the sample memory has reduced to half & so has the time in loading the flash.

So tell me now.
(1)Is it OK to have waveforms starting from 11 thru 20 whereas 1 thru 10 are BLANK.
(2) Is there a way to move 11 to 1, 12 to 2 & so on..... & if it is really necessary ?
Please explain & shed some light on my above ?’s please MBF of 5SD,
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 08:56 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The location of the waveforms does not matter.

If when loading only the voices you see only 10 waveforms in RAM and after loading the patterns as you have 10 more waveforms you did something wrong. Why? Because when you loaded only the patterns you got no waveforms! The only way we can really tell you what you did is by coming to your house and watching you do the loads.

You need to be very careful about the files you load and the order you load them. What you really want is to set the ES up exactly as you want it (user voices, sequences, waveforms) and then save an All file and always load that (read the manual section about Autoload, which will load the file for you every time you turn the ES on).

Loading voice, patterns and songs separately can lead to data being duplicated or overwritten so the best advice is if you are not really sure about how file loads work just stay with All files. Don’t forget to back your All files up to your computer’s hard drive and date them so you can always recover anything that you might lose by accident.

Your question: Mix Voices and not the same as User Voices. A Mix Voice is associated with a sequence (Song or Pattern). This allows you to save voices with your sequences so that when you reload them, the proper voices are in the sequence not in the user voices. For example, if you create a song today and want to reload it to a different ES (which will not have the same user voices loaded as yours) or perhaps you loaded different user voices, the song will still play properly. You can read more about using Mix Voices in the manual (check the index).

I’m familiar with Swar, they are a reputable vendor. Did Swar provide text instructions about how to load the files? If they did, you could post them here and maybe we could decipher further why you had such an issue with the loads.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 02:40 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

OK.....Believe most probably somewhere down the line I loaded those user voices twice, maybe ?

On SWAR: they provided me with a .w7v & W8V for each instrument. I loaded them on a Flash dr thru which i loaded them on (user voices) in the motif es.

Now here’s something (maybe that caused it/not sure) say like the TABLA which has a left & a right, i noticed that when I loaded a patch from their library (.mid file) it had the left & right in 2 separate phrases in the section. So that i could save a track I mixed both of them to one phrase & it sounds all fine. Is that to do with this mess i went thru ?

I will do an AUTOLOAD or always do an ALL, to make sure.

Now out of curiosity & to gain knowledge,
(1) Is there a way to move those waveforms 11 thru 20 to 1 thru 10 ?

&

(2) When I load another user voice will the waveform automatically go to 1 or 21 ?

pheeew, relief ! the loading time now is like 1/2 than before.....l’il over 2 min with an ALL (incl 6 SONGS + 10 PATTERNS + 10 user voices/waveforms)+ 1/2 the sample memory :)

Certainly appreciate if you would still shed some of yr expertise on the above queries + is the SWAR stuff all fine ?
Thanq.
p.s. Most welcome to visit our house/ENOO’s Music Studios + hey including some BOLLYWOOD Music & delicious INDIAN FOOD (curry & we’ll fix it mild 4u):):)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ hynix dimm memory on motif ES8
Next Topic:

arp motif es-sync off/on & hold, the SAME ? ››