mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Stage set up"

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 09:57 AM
Chopin123
Total Posts:  232
Joined  01-29-2013

Hallo guys!
I’m using right now for my motif xf headphones and that’s of course works great, but when I use my regular stereo Denon receiver and speakers it doesn’t really works. Lots of noises ,distortion etc....
I’m planning to buy active PA speakers like behringer or yamaha , is it enough to plug motif directly to the speaker or do I need additional equipment to connect them?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 12:35 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008
Chopin123 - 21 August 2014 09:57 AM

Hallo guys!
I’m using right now for my motif xf headphones and that’s of course works great, but when I use my regular stereo Denon receiver and speakers it doesn’t really works. Lots of noises ,distortion etc....
I’m planning to buy active PA speakers like behringer or yamaha , is it enough to plug motif directly to the speaker or do I need additional equipment to connect them?

Thanks

I plug my XS6 (Audio out) directly into a pair of Behringer Truth B2031A active speakers in the studio if that’s any help
Spike

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2014 @ 09:43 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Thanks !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2014 @ 01:51 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Here we go again.

Don’t plug your keyboard into your home stereo system. It is not designed for that.
In theory it “could” work, but as you have already seen, in reality it doesn’t.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2014 @ 07:31 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DavePolich - 25 August 2014 01:51 AM

Here we go again.

Don’t plug your keyboard into your home stereo system. It is not designed for that.
In theory it “could” work, but as you have already seen, in reality it doesn’t.

In reality it can work, and the failure of one person to accomplish it proves nothing.

Of course, I wouldn’t suggest it for “stage” usage.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2014 @ 02:36 PM
Mr Trier
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-02-2013

My keyboards (three different ones) are always connected to an Alesis MultiMix 12R.

When I’m at home I connect the Alesis to an ordinary Marantz amplifier coupled with ordinary HiFi speakers. The sound is really good. Also a lot less noise than with stage equipment.

When I’m performing on stage I use the Aux 1 and 2 on the Alesis to send a stereo signal to the FOH console. Then I get a monitor signal back from the FOH console that I feed in to the Alesis.

L and R are connected to two RCF Art 710 monitor speakers.

That way I can control the monitor volume of my keyboards and the volume of the monitor feed without affecting the FOH mix.

//Mr Trier

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2014 @ 08:20 AM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Thank you guys , all very helpful

[ Ignore ]