mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help a guy out"

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 09:42 PM
Floydtom
Total Posts:  28
Joined  07-20-2009

I have a S70XS and I have enjoyed it immensely. I was thinking it would be a kick to have a sequencer and the ability to do drum tracks and bass to do one man performance.

I like what I hear in the MOXF8..( I also like that its 88 key and 10 pounds lighter than mine)…

My problem in performance is this… I like to set up a split or layer and adjust the volume of the individual sounds as I play. The S70XS has 4 sliders that let you do that… Is there any way to do that on the MOXF8???

Change volume of one sounds in a performance really fast ( while you are playing a song with both hands)?????

Thanks for any feedback…

Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Floydtom - 19 August 2014 09:42 PM

I have a S70XS and I have enjoyed it immensely. I was thinking it would be a kick to have a sequencer and the ability to do drum tracks and bass to do one man performance.

I like what I hear in the MOXF8..( I also like that its 88 key and 10 pounds lighter than mine)…

My problem in performance is this… I like to set up a split or layer and adjust the volume of the individual sounds as I play. The S70XS has 4 sliders that let you do that… Is there any way to do that on the MOXF8???

Change volume of one sounds in a performance really fast ( while you are playing a song with both hands)?????

Thanks for any feedback…

Tom

Take a look at This Article .

You may think it looks complicated at first, but go through the exercise a couple of times and you’ll find it gets much simpler… you will soon see it is easily repeatable.

I use Master Mode frequently with my XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 11:31 PM
Floydtom
Joined  07-20-2009

Someone else pointed me to a post that said you could adjust the assignable knobs to be volume, that is exactly what I need

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 12:07 AM
Floydtom
Joined  07-20-2009

Thanks, the link to article is perfect!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 12:49 PM
SSquared
Total Posts:  165
Joined  01-29-2014

If you are in Performance mode, simply tap both of the gray buttons by the knobs at the same time.  All green lights will light up.  Now the top row of knobs will control volume for each part.  I use this all the time to change volumes between parts.  Tap both buttons again to turn off this mode.

You can do the same exact thing in Master mode to control each part.  But when in this mode, the knobs will not be able to control any external synth parameters.  The knobs will ONLY control the volume (top row) and pan (bottom row) of the currently assigned Performance.

You can save your Performance/Master so when you recall it, the knobs are already set to control volume instead of Tone/EQ/Effects/Arp.

> Change volume of one sounds in a performance really fast

You will need to try it out to see if it fits your needs.  Keep in mind, it is knobs used to control things and not sliders, so you won’t be able to just quickly move a slider to the exact position you want.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Anyone havimg trouble using Quantize?
Next Topic:

MOX8 vs MOXF8 ››