mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "NEED HELP !! WAVEFORMS/USER VOICES from third party LIBRARY-MOTIF ES"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 17, 2014 @ 03:08 PM
ENOO
Total Posts:  144
Joined  07-05-2008

HOPE i am expressing the following so that i can help for u to help resolve.
Have loaded 10 sample voices from a LIBRARY into USER 2 BANKS.
Now I see that in WAVEFORMS FILE/FOLDER they appear BUT TWICE, like they go in order from 1 thru 10 & then repeat from 11 thru 20 (the same sounds/voices/waveforms).
ALSO, when i go to INTEGRATED SAMPLING the wave/keybank are in the same fashion.
My question is why does it repeat ?
I have the voices in my PATTERN MIX & ONLY the RHYTHM VOICE/WAVEFORM patches (about 4 of them) in phrases in PATTERN sections.

Please, please HELP !! Mr.BADmister, if possible, Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 03:28 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

BadMister, 5 SpinDin , hey guys no reply for resolve as of yet ? Please.....Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 06:04 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I’m not sure how you created or loaded the file you are working with, but you have duplicated the waveforms, doubling the load time and memory usage. I would determine what waves are being pointed to in your user voices and then delete the waveforms that are not being used. Page 256 describes how to perform the task: delete waveform. When completed, re-save as a new file. The XS has a feature called “Delete Same Name Waveforms”, I don’t recall it being available on the ES through any subsequent OS Updates.

I would echo what Meatballfulton said in your other post regarding the ES being somewhat older and that it may be harder to get a quick response. Also it’s been quiet here lately.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 06:16 PM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

BadMister is answering questions here:

https://yamahasynth.com/forum

It might be worthwhile to pose your question there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 08:53 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thanq stoneb3.
Here’s the scoop: All I did was LOAD 10 voices from the Library to USER 2 voices. When I see the LOAD waveform list I see 10 of them & then they repeat from 11 thru 20 the same that are 1 thru 10.

I go to integrated sampling & delete the 11 thru 20 & as soon as I play the pattern which has 3 of the 10 voices, they are ofcourse in the list 1 thru 10 & 11 thru 20 (3 of them)with data.
So if i play any of the 10 voices they show up on the 11 thru 20 list.
Hope I am explaining it right.
Please, please advise/help.
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 10:29 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I am struggling to understand but I think I’m getting there.

Did you create the file that you are loading? 
What is the file extension that you are loading from?  .W7A?
Did you load the voices individually?  .W7V?
Then the waves?  .W7W or WAV?
And then the patterns?  .W7P?

Or have you loaded this as an All File?

You have 10 voices and how many patterns and what is the file size?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 08:41 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Patterns and songs are saved with any samples that are needed. Are you using any Mix Voices in your patterns?

Your problem with this and slow load times (in your other post) are probably related to not understanding how the ES saves data. esp. sample data.

We’ll try to help you work through this, please be patient. When we ask you specific questions, we’ll need specific answers.

In the meantime, please reread the sections of the ES manual that discuss how data is organized in the ES and how data is saved and loaded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 01:59 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thanq sb3 & mbf,
OK here we go: I am gonna try my bestest to help you guys to help me, please, thanq.
The file is from a library that has sounds like TABLA & more Indian/Bollywood instruments samples.
So.....
(1) Loading the voice of say like TABLA to USER 2 001 & so on following with the other 9 voices. yes a .W7A individually.If i load them as .W7V they DO NOT SOUND ? & what is the difference between the above ?
(2) These voices are in my PATTERN MIX so that I can play these voices with different rhythm variations.
(3) & yes have loaded like .MID patches of TABLA & a few other percussion (incl in the 10 voices) to PATTERN SECTIONS(these are different variations in .MID).
So.....there are 10 user voices that are loaded from the library & a few rhythm variation patches to PATTERN in .MID files.
So when I START playing the different sections of the PATTERN, i get variations of rhythms while I change & play the user voices. The waveforms list the 1 thru 10 & repeat from 11 thru 20 in the same order ?
Hope I made myself clear, if not please ask me & I’ll try best to express the best i can.
Since i am new to the MOTIF, I wanna get past this stage & get all the basics.
ALSO, from another query that i have no response as of yet, please let me know if the HOLD & SYNC off/on mean the same as turning ON or OFF the HOLD option OR is there a seperate parameter for SYNC off/on in the ARPEGGIO ?
Please, thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 08:41 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

I answered your question about arpeggio hold vs. sync yesterday. Go take a look ;)

W7A is an All file. It contains all songs, all patterns, all samples, all voices and all system settings in the ES at the time it was saved.

W7V is an All Voice file. It contains all samples and all voices in the ES at the time it was saved.

Why don’t you start by telling us where you obtained these files. Are you trying to load only the voices from these files?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 03:46 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Just a comment :  files come in pairs - the 7 and the 8.

So a W7V comes with a W8V. The 7 is the various sound parameters whereas the 8 is the waveform data. Both files normally open together when you open the 7. But here’s the point : if by any chance you only load the W7V without the W8V the Voice will appear but there will be no sound. The reason is, of course, that there will be no sample for the Voice to play.

It’s the same with the All files.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:00 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Right. I am loading not just the W7V but the W7V (which consists of both W7V & W8V-can see 2 little folders) sound parameters & waveform data) correct ?
So that’s all fine, i hear the voice, etc. ok BUT why is the waveform repeating 1 thru 10 again from 11 thru 20 (in the same order). Why will i need 2 waveform data for the same voice.
Please advise.
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:38 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

You don;t need the two waveforms. You only have them because you loaded the voice data twice. The ES does not know that these voices are the same, so it loads the waveforms again rtaher than using the ones that are already there.

The ES sample memory loses it’s contents when you turn the instrument off. It does not lose the voice data, though. So ionce you have the voices in User2, they are there until you dleete them. However, the waveforms used by the voices are lost across power cycles so the voices will have no sound.

It is easier to reload the voices (with the waveforms) than just reloading the waveforms but you should only do this once after powering on the ES. If you try to load them again, every time you do it will load the waveforms again leaving multiple copies in RAM.

So try this:

1. Turn off the ES (this deletes all samples and sequencer data)
2. Turn the ES on
3. Load the voices from the file
4. Check to see that the waveforms are in RAM and only one copy of each...if there are multiple copies, the file you are loading from is already messed up and contains two copies of the waveforms...if this is the case let us know.
5. Immediately save an All Voice file (saves voices and waveforms) as a backup.

Now you are ready to work on your songs.

OK, do whatever you want and when you are done working save an All file (all the data in the ES...songs, patterns, voices, etc.) before you turn off the ES.

If you want this file to reload automatically when you turn the ES back on, name it AUTOLD and turn on the autoload feature of the ES (see the manual for details). If you want to reload the All file manually, name it whatever you like.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:40 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

For what its worth, I still use a Motif ES6.  I haven’t dealt with samples or waveforms for a while mainly because I have what I need, and just do a load all before all gigs.

What I would probably do in your case is to back up your files as is onto a computer or thumb drive, go into the ES and delete the waveforms 11 thru 20 and see if there are any changes to your sample and if there are none, just save all as you now have it and call it a day. 

I don’t recall if the ES has a feature that allows you to delete samples that are alike or named the same.  I believe that my XS has this feature.

Trial and error is what makes you smarter in any facet of life.  Just remember to backup everything before you try something new.  Take it from me, you will not regret this as I sort of learned the hard way.

Hope this helps,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:22 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

OK MBF, Sure you will get me thru this one & hopefully I will understand.

Here’s the scoop: I did all that was advised in the above replies. Nothing worked :(

After a FACTORY RESET,I loaded the 10 USER VOICES from a LIBRARY. A few LEAD & a few RHYTHM instruments.
Now these 10 USER VOICES are in a PATTERN. the 10 waveforms of those voices are listed.
There are MIDI patches of rhythm instruments (that i loaded) are in SECTIONS (phrases)

As soon as I LOAD the PATTERN a few more waveforms show up (repeats of what are already there.
Cannot understand why it loads the same waveforms when i load the PATTERN that has those USER VOICES from the LIBRARY ?

Please, please, HELP !!
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 05:22 PM

[...]After a FACTORY RESET,I loaded the 10 USER VOICES from a LIBRARY. A few LEAD & a few RHYTHM instruments.
Now these 10 USER VOICES are in a PATTERN. the 10 waveforms of those voices are listed.
There are MIDI patches of rhythm instruments (that i loaded) are in SECTIONS (phrases)

As soon as I LOAD the PATTERN a few more waveforms show up (repeats of what are already there.
Cannot understand why it loads the same waveforms when i load the PATTERN that has those USER VOICES from the LIBRARY ?

If you load all the data at once, the duplication won’t occur (unless it’s that way in the file you’re loading). If you first load Voices that have associated User Waveforms, and then load Patterns based on Voices that use the same Waveforms, the ES doesn’t know not to load the Waveforms again. This can be dealt with in the XS, and was fixed in the XF.

Is what happens causing an actual problem (such as running out of sample memory during a session)? Otherwise, I’d suggest just ignoring the situation. If you’re running out of memory, how much SDRAM (DIMM) memory is installed in your ES?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 06:04 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Yes those voices are in the pattern. When I delete the duplicated waveforms & then try to do a save, it reads -45999 UNKNOWN ERROR ?

SDRAM (DIMM) Believe it’s the MAX which is 2 of 256 MB correct ?

So now:
(1)when i use these voices in another pattern will it duplicate the waveforms even more ?
(2) having these duplications will it not take more time to load the files ? OR even saving them ?
(3) Always do a SAVE/LOAD ALL FILE, does that have any effect ?
Please, thanq

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ hynix dimm memory on motif ES8
Next Topic:

arp motif es-sync off/on & hold, the SAME ? ››