mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cheapo power supply on the MOXF range"

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 04:40 AM
tony8028
Total Posts:  41
Joined  08-08-2008

I was hoping that one of the upgrades might be to do away with that awful ‘wallmart ‘ power adapter and offer a regular style power cord as per the motifs.

Just wondering if any gigging musicians have had any problems with these?

One concern is that if you forget to bring it to the gig, you are are pretty much done for the night as compared to a standard power cord that is so easily found.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:30 AM
mick_n
Total Posts:  71
Joined  01-06-2003

My way of thinking is this......any gear you use for a gig that requires an external psu, always have a spare one. Keep the spares in a different place, IE, in the van so you won’t forget them.

The external psu will be ,I imagine, to keep the cost down.......also internal psu’s can fail. My Yamaha EX5 psu failed a few years ago mid gig, and when I found how hard it was to find a replacement psu (non available in Europe!) I wished it had an external psu.

I wouldn’t worry to much regarding the MOXF psu........in my experience Yamaha external psu’s are very reliable. But for piece of mind, carry a spare.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:45 AM
tony8028
Total Posts:  41
Joined  08-08-2008

yes thats good advice re the spare power supply. I think that will be a must.

[ Ignore ]