mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Wireless and os 1.50"

Posted on: March 13, 2014 @ 02:59 PM
marcexf
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-27-2013

Hi, somebody knows if with the os 1.50, the last one, can be some troubles with the wireless connection? I used the Edimax 150 Mbps wireless adapter as suggested for the right connectivity, followed the procedure on the manual and for a moment the iPad controlled the motif with the voice editor. Then with the other editors the Wireless didn’t find the motif, and the same happened with the previous editor. What happened in your opinion? Maybe could be some troubles with the last firmware release?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2014 @ 04:59 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Most likely, and we are having this researched, it was a change in iOS, as we still have users either older iPads who can still connect AdHoc. When and whether there is a fix coming is info we are waiting on. And of course, we will pass it on when we find out.

And it appears, again this is from what we can unofficially conclude, to be a MIDI issue, as the AUDIO CLOUD RECORDER for MOTIF XF works, fine via WiFi connected AdHoc, in iOS 7. But it is the one App that is completely wireless and is the one App that is completely audio, not MIDI.

We can’t be sure what that means, but it appears connecting direct to an iPad (AdHoc) that is not on the internet is being prevented or is no longer supported, whether this is due to iOS 7 or not will need to be determined (nothing in firmware 1.50 had any change to the MIDI spec)… At least MIDI-wise, it connects and immediately boots you offline. But I’m guessing here. Of course, as musicians we want to connect directly to our device, without having the iPad necessarily connected to the Internet.

We doubt it was anything to do with your XF version, but all things are being considered.

Anyway, as we find out what’s going on we’ll pass it on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2014 @ 05:05 AM
brunomotif
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-26-2011

I have problems trying mount sharing folder of OS X Mavericks in Motif XF with Firmware 1.50.
My wireless adapter is Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM.
Before with Mountain Lion and Firmware 1.40 worked right.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2014 @ 05:55 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002
brunomotif - 14 March 2014 05:05 AM

I have problems trying mount sharing folder of OS X Mavericks in Motif XF with Firmware 1.50.
My wireless adapter is Buffalo WLI-UC-GNM.
Before with Mountain Lion and Firmware 1.40 worked right.

Ok, but are you using a Router (Infrastructure) or are you attempting to connect direct (AdHoc)?
And most importantly what error message(s) do you receive and from which device.

iOS 7 came out between firmware 1.40 and 1.50.  I believe so did Mavericks. Your issue we assume is connecting to a Mac wirelessly, perhaps whatever was implemented in iOS 7 is also in play in Mavericks… Hmmm! Or it could be an entirely different issue. We’ll look into that as well.

Nothing changed, as far as I know, concerning wifi connectivity on the Motif XF side of things. What changed was the OS of your computer. We’ll add it to the data base. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 11, 2014 @ 04:04 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Need some help to get this working. Best I could find was the Edimax EW-7811Un USB wireless adapter. Followed the instructions in the supplement and set up as an AdHoc session, DHCP Client = On, File Server = On, security set to Off. The Host name is the same on the main Network page as on the SSID setting found on the Wireless Network Setting page. Midi in/out set to Network. Have an iPad air on 7.1.2. Motif XF is on 1.50.

Issue is the iPad does not see the Motif.

Ideas are welcomed :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 12:42 PM
SpongeBob
Joined  11-19-2006

Is there anyone out there successfully using the iPad apps with the Motif XF wirelessly? If so, what are you using for a wifi adapter? Those listed by Yamaha are no longer available or almost impossible to find as their list dates back a while.

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:09 AM
Xenovir.V
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-08-2012

Hi all. New happy XF user here.  :)

Just got a buffalo WLI-UC-GNM wireless adapter. Everything works well in Ad-hoc mode with my ipad3.

However, there is much problem in the infrastructure mode. I tried to follow the instructions that I found here. The iPad can connect to the motif port, but somehow it cannot receive midi signal (it shows time out error). On the other hand, the motif is able to mount onto my iMac wirelessly, but it cannot see/show the shared folder in the ‘sharing point’. My mac can access the usb drive on the motif though. All iOS/OS and motif firmware (1.50) are up to date.

I love the motif very much, but I must admit this is indeed a somewhat frustrating experience.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 09:47 AM
SpongeBob
Joined  11-19-2006

Thank you for the information. It does seem surprising that Yamaha is featuring these editors for free as part of the 40 year anniversary but provides almost no support to help users to get them working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2014 @ 02:59 AM
digitalperformer7
Total Posts:  253
Joined  12-07-2011
SpongeBob - 22 August 2014 09:47 AM

Thank you for the information. It does seem surprising that Yamaha is featuring these editors for free as part of the 40 year anniversary but provides almost no support to help users to get them working.

What should say all the people who, at the beginning of this year, payed from the same softwares that now are free?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF8 Reverb for vocals
Next Topic:

Oriental samples (for XS) compatibility ››