mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "s90xs + midi controller + mainstage = headache?"

Posted on: August 08, 2014 @ 01:15 PM
markadeleon
Total Posts:  62
Joined  09-14-2012

I am having a very small issue which i think should be an easy fix i am just not seeing.

Equipment

Macbook Pro - mainstage
S90xs
Arturia midilab conroller

I cannot get my S90xs to work midi out through usb to my mac and mainstage. 
It only works midi (tradional 5 in cable) to usb through actual s90xs midi out and yamaha usb-midi adapter.  I wanted to just go S90xs usb out to usb on mac.

pt II is this is the layout

arturia midilab (generic midi controller for knobs and faders) direct to mac via usb

S90xs to mac via midi Midi out on s90xs through usb adapter to mac.

both above control mainstage.

if I get my s90xs working via usb to usb mac instead of midi to mac, then I don’t have a 3rd usb to run my audio interface (behringer or duet apogee) since you have pretty much the same, are you running a usb hub?  if so then which one?  and if so what goes through the hub and what goes straight to the mac?

SO i guess i have 2 issues.  a.  how to i get the usb on s90xs to do my midi wihtout having to use adapter

b.  does anyone have a nice and powerful usb hub they’d recommend, even if it is an entire midi and usb interface.

apple only has 2 usb’s on it.

-Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2014 @ 05:39 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

Have you checked -

In the S90 XS go to [UTILITY] > [MIDI] > verify that the MIDI IN/OUT = USB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 08, 2014 @ 10:05 PM
markadeleon
Total Posts:  62
Joined  09-14-2012

yes it is already set to that… I just remembered, this is a brand new mac.  I never installed all the software and drivers.  maybe that is what it is… going to try that.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90XF
Next Topic:

Midi to wav ? ››