mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting MOXF to Cubase using an external audio interface (Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo)"

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 11:05 AM
riddhidutta
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05-27-2014

Hello

I have a situation here. I have the following set up:

1) DAW : Cubase AI running on Mac
2) Audio Interface : Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo
3) Keyboard/Midi Controller : Yamaha MOXF8

I have the following connections done:

a) Yamaha MOXF8 connected to Macbook Pro via USB
b) Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo connected to Macbook Pro via thunderbolt cable
c) Yamaha monitors connected to UA Apollo Twin

Problem:
a) My keyboard is only getting recognised in Cubase for playing Vsts .i.e. MOXF is functioning as a midi controller
b) I am unable to route any of my MOXF inbuilt voices/patterns through Cubase and eventually via the output monitors

Can you please suggest?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Riddhi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 11:58 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You know that the MOXF has a built-in AUDIO INTERFACE. But your question is about using an external audio interface, our question is why post that here? Your problem of getting audio through your external audio interface should probably be directed at the company that makes that audio interface. But we will help you with what settings you should make in the MOXF and Cubase…

From the MOXF side of it, if you want to use an external audio interface you must connect the left and right main audio outputs to the appropriate inputs on your external audio interface.

In Cubase you must set to use the driver as recommended for the external audio driver.
Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > VST SOUND SYSTEM > this is where you select the driver for your AUDIO INTERFACE.

Please read the documentation of your chosen external audio interface for details on monitoring.

MIDI settings for the MOXF are totally separate from AUDIO settings. If you need to configure your MOXF for MIDI
Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP > mark Port 1 in the “In All MIDI Inputs”
In the REMOTE DEVICES folder mark “Yamaha MOXF-2” (Port 2) for Remote Control In and Out.

If you select to use the MOXF as your audio interface we could instruct you on how to setup to monitor, but there is no special setting in the MOXF you need to make when using an external audio interface - simply connect the L/R main outputs to that device. Setting for monitoring options should be made on the audio interface… make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2014 @ 09:21 AM
Apue
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-27-2014

Thanks Mister for your tips.

I’m also new to both cubase and moxf6 which I recently purchased.

I have also similar situation and I wish to use the Saffire24 as an audio interface whilst using the moxf6 as a midi keyboard/vst/daw controller.

As the original poster said I wondered if there is a way we can send the audio sound via USB to the Cubase and the cubase sends the sound to the saffire then to the monitors.

Your suggestion is actually to convert moxf sound to Analog signal then make the audio interface to convert the analog to digital then send them to the cubase, right?

I use Cubase 7.5 and I thought the cubase can manage the two external devices in the digital domain.

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]