mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Several Motif XF questions"

Posted on: July 16, 2014 @ 10:39 PM
dlundy1
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-26-2014

Hey guys,

I am still learning my motif-XF6 so I would appreciate it if you guys could work together to answer my questions.

1. How can I record the Motif’s sounds directly into cubase? I have a midi-cable but it doesn’t record the sound. Is there anything else I need?

2. What is Firewire? How is it Useful?

3. How can I add an effect to a sound once I hit the keys at a certain strength?

Thanks for your help, and I’m looking forward to your response!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 17, 2014 @ 08:27 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011
dlundy1 - 16 July 2014 10:39 PM

Hey guys,

I am still learning my motif-XF6 so I would appreciate it if you guys could work together to answer my questions.

1. How can I record the Motif’s sounds directly into cubase? I have a midi-cable but it doesn’t record the sound. Is there anything else I need?

2. What is Firewire? How is it Useful?

3. How can I add an effect to a sound once I hit the keys at a certain strength?

Thanks for your help, and I’m looking forward to your response!

The Support Area is a good place to start HERE.
Yamaha U.S. Current Downloads is another place and it’s
HERE.
I can only tell you about what I know and it’s this,
I considered midi for only a second or two, then chose FW16e because it does it all, audio and midi. It depends on what your’e going to want to do.
It’s not cheap, only convenient.
The Motifator Shop has products designed for the XF.
It’s found HERE.

I got my XF in Sept ‘11 and love it!
Was quite a ‘learning curve’ with lots of reading.
I used the cd manual instead of the smaller introduction booklet to learn from. A pdf reader was a must have.
On the Yamaha Downloads page one can stay up to date with firmware versions, and approved lists for usb drives etc, as well as supplemental manuals for other software etc. That’s a site I visit regularly to make certain I’m current.
If it were me, first I’d research a thumb or usb drive selection from the Approved List and learn first how to do an ALL FILE BACKUP.
They offer usb’s on the Shop as well as Amazon or everywhere.
Get your best deal.
When you think you have gotten a good price, run it past the Motifator Shop just to see if they’ll match or beat it.... they’re on your team!
Post back with your progress.
Be Blest Always! ...
Marc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 10:07 PM
dlundy1
Total Posts:  13
Joined  02-26-2014

Thanks for your Input! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do you load sounds to use from the USB?
Next Topic:

XF and XS Questions ››