mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Location of Vintage Keys after loading"

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 12:04 AM
rballister
Total Posts:  10
Joined  12-05-2004

Purchased Vintage Keys and B’sKnees. Followed the loading instructions in PDF and instructions in Dave’s new video. Loaded Vintage Keys first. Then loaded B’s Knees. Selected Voice and could find the B’s Knees files in User Bank 3 but couldn’t find the Vintage Keys stuff. Looked at the instructions and noticed that they indicate that files would load to the same location starting with USR 3:001 (A01). I thought the files would load consecutively in User Bank 3. Did I overwrite the Vintage Keys files when I installed B’s Knees? Do I have to reinstall Vintage Keys selecting a different Bank (for example Bank 2)? Thank you for any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 01:22 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rballister - 30 July 2014 12:04 AM

...Did I overwrite the Vintage Keys files when I installed B’s Knees? Do I have to reinstall Vintage Keys selecting a different Bank (for example Bank 2)? Thank you for any help.

Yes, you did overwrite the first library with the second...and yes, you will need to choose a different BANK to LOAD the second library into.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 08:37 AM
rballister
Total Posts:  10
Joined  12-05-2004

Thanks for all the help cmayhle. I reloaded Vintage Keys (plus arpeggio) in User Bank 3, B’sKnees in User Bank 2, Inspiration in A Flash User Bank 3 (ethnic sounds) in the MOXF User Bank 1 and the Inspiration in a Flash User Drum Voices in the MOXF User Drum Voices Bank. As I understand it, I have now filled up all the Banks (although not my 1 GB installed flash card). If in the future I want to install a single voice (that doesn’t require the flash card) I presume I overwrite an existing one unless there is a “delete voice” function---is there?

Also, lets say I want to delete a voice that has content on the flash card (for instance one of the voices in Bank 1 from Inspiration in a Flash) and replace it with a different voice that will also add content to the flash card.  I presume I have to remove the stuff on the Flash card for the one I’m replacing in addition to its User voice. What is the procedure for that?

Is there a way to reorder voices? Lets say I want to replace the voices in slots 3, 7 and 8 with three voices from another library. Is there a way to bunch the voices in the original library together so that the 3 new voices will appear consecutively right after the new ones? Thanks for any and all help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 30, 2014 @ 11:24 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rballister - 30 July 2014 08:37 AM

...As I understand it, I have now filled up all the Banks (although not my 1 GB installed flash card). If in the future I want to install a single voice (that doesn’t require the flash card) I presume I overwrite an existing one unless there is a “delete voice” function---is there?....

Yes, you will install a single VOICE by replacing an existing one.  There is no “delete” when in comes to VOICES, only replace.  Even an initialized VOICE is actually a replacement.

...Also, lets say I want to delete a voice that has content on the flash card (for instance one of the voices in Bank 1 from Inspiration in a Flash) and replace it with a different voice that will also add content to the flash card.  I presume I have to remove the stuff on the Flash card for the one I’m replacing in addition to its User voice. What is the procedure for that?....

There is no reason to remove the the Flash Board data when you replace a VOICE in a USER BANK...unless you really don’t want the data on your Flash Board any longer.

Keep in mind that you can replace a USER VOICE with another one, add the Sample data required to the Flash Board, and just leave the original VOICE Sample data on the Board.  Then, if you ever want to re-LOAD the VOICE you removed, you can...and you will not need to re-LOAD its associated Sample data.

...Is there a way to reorder voices? Lets say I want to replace the voices in slots 3, 7 and 8 with three voices from another library. Is there a way to bunch the voices in the original library together so that the 3 new voices will appear consecutively right after the new ones? Thanks for any and all help.

I would highly recommend the John Melas Total Librarian (Actually, all of his software tools) for your MOXF.  Total Librarian is really the fast and easy way to accomplish what you are asking.  Search here on the Site for lots of discussion of John’s software.

I am not suggesting you can’t do it on the machine itself...you can.  It is just very simple and quick with the Melas tools.

[ Ignore ]